Jalen Adams | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams

Reaction Score
Jalen has been bashed throughout this board because he hasn't been the next great national championship guard at UConn. However, we owe him a thank you. He's helped to keep this program afloat despite the lack of talent. Regardless of your expectations for him you have to appreciate his commitment to the defensive end and to his the team tonight

Reaction Score
Jalen has been bashed throughout this board because he hasn't been the next great national championship guard at UConn. However, we owe him a thank you. He's helped to keep this program afloat despite the lack of talent. Regardless of your expectations for him you have to appreciate his commitment to the defensive end and to his the team tonight
Commitment to the defensive end? Because he took a charge?

Reaction Score
He's been playing much better D. Played well tonight except for 2 early shot clock jacked 3's. Then he hit one.

Poe

Reaction Score
Afloat how exactly? By not going 0-32?

Reaction Score

He played better the last 2 games and even a little better on D but commitment isn’t quite what I’m thinking. Just better and I’m good with these last 2 if it continues.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He’s a great complimentary piece. Not a superstar. We needed a superstar so we put a ton of pressure on him to be what he’s not. It’s becoming clear the last couple of games that this is Gilbert’s team and Jalen will likely be Robin when we expected Batman. I think that’s ok as he is a really good Robin.

Reaction Score
He played better the last 2 games and even a little better on D but commitment isn’t quite what I’m thinking. Just better and I’m good with these last 2 if it continues.

This UConn team is incredibly limited in so many ways. None of these kids can shine, but they have each other, LOL. If they had an alpha on this team, we'd probably be comparing Jalen's act as a #2 to Jeremy Lamb, Boatright, etc.

Reaction Score
He is an easy target. This year he was switched to a 2G and plays his heart out. Of course that whole untucked shirt thing seems to have everyone ticked off. I like him, and so far he has given me no reason not to.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Two words: Ricky Moore. I'm not saying Adams will lead this team to another title, but the things said here about Jalen were also said about Ricky. Loved every bit of Ricky, and the same goes for Adams.

Reaction Score
He is far far from perfect but the the people that go too far in their distaste for him are people that can't control their frustration both during and after the fact. I count myself as one of those people at times unfortunately . I am far from perfect as a fan. I went from thinking he was always the answer to thinking he was the problem to now knowing what is obvious. He is a real nice player that we will all miss when he is gone. In a way he is a much better version of Brimah. Watching the USF game all I could think was if we had Brimah, their guard would eat the ball every drive. When Brimah played, his negatives made me long for a different option because all I could see was his shortcomings, which were many. I think next year we will miss all the easy buckets Jalen gets because we expect them from him.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
I have been as hard on Jalen as any at times, mainly because of the flashes hes shown and the talent he had demonstrated coming in.

That being said, he showed leadership in spades yesterday night, and if we are going to constantly harp on the negative, this deserves some recognition.

As soon as he fouled out with a ton of time left, Jalen didnt pout or sulk to the end of the bench like I expected. He gathered the gaurds together and was firing them up. He got into alteriques ear. He went up and down team line clapping and yelling and getting them pumped up. Jalen took a letdown moment that I expected to be the knife going into the tires of UConn’s comeback, and set the tone that he believed and expected this team to pick him up. This is the leadership this team has needed from within it’s roster, and which before yesterday, I thought it was devoid of.

Reaction Score
Jalen showed real leadership last night. After fouling out he was talking to and encouraging his teammates instead of sulking and complaining. There are no moral victories but the way this team fought and played for each other last night was really enjoyable. A lineup of JA, AG, CV SW, and JC needs to play as many minutes as they can mentally and physically handle.

pj

Reaction Score
Jalen's our best player, as Hurley says. I wish we had even better players, but if I'm going to criticize someone about basketball, I'll start at the end of the bench.

Reaction Score
I can’t blame Jalen. Ollie put together such a collection of mismatched players, it’s almost impossible for him to live up to expectations. If he had a solid center, a true shooter at the 4, some rebounding, we would all be singing his praises. Instead for three years he’s been asked to be both point guard and shooting guard and now this year adjust to a different roll.

Reaction Score
Jalen showed real leadership last night. After fouling out he was talking to and encouraging his teammates instead of sulking and complaining. There are no moral victories but the way this team fought and played for each other last night was really enjoyable. A lineup of JA, AG, CV SW, and JC needs to play as many minutes as they can mentally and physically handle.

Very noticeable how involved he was after he fouled out no doubt imno1 I agree. He played well and hard on both ends for a 2nd game in a row hope he’s ready to ride the wave out with consistency like this. Different guy the last 2.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I have been as hard on Jalen as any at times, mainly because of the flashes hes shown and the talent he had demonstrated coming in.

That being said, he showed leadership in spades yesterday night, and if we are going to constantly harp on the negative, this deserves some recognition.

As soon as he fouled out with a ton of time left, Jalen didnt pout or sulk to the end of the bench like I expected. He gathered the gaurds together and was firing them up. He got into alteriques ear. He went up and down team line clapping and yelling and getting them pumped up. Jalen took a letdown moment that I expected to be the knife going into the tires of UConn’s comeback, and set the tone that he believed and expected this team to pick him up. This is the leadership this team has needed from within it’s roster, and which before yesterday, I thought it was devoid of.
"we...constantly harp?" ya know, the 'net is fah-ever, and the writings are there for all to see. I wonder which player/coach will be the next focus of "The Weekly Butthurt?" so far, its been cv, carlton, hurley, …. and always, Jaylen. it's just a game, and we have a gem of a program building in storrs. try and enjoy its' rise.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Two words: Ricky Moore. I'm not saying Adams will lead this team to another title, but the things said here about Jalen were also said about Ricky. Loved every bit of Ricky, and the same goes for Adams.

To be fair, Ricky had that otherworldly defensive ability. Jalen's defense isn't bad, but it ain't Ricky Moore defense. Jalen has, however completely taken over games for stretches offensively in critical situations on a number of occasions (not so much this season though). Moore only did that once that I can recall. It just happened to be in the biggest game in our school's history.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jalen takes more crap than he deserves on here. He def could fix some things, but he's a very good player. He's not Kemba. He's not Bazz. But who is?

Kemba and Bazz are not the bar. They are the ceiling.

Holy !@#$, MJ was actually right: "the ceiling is the roof". Coincidence he picked Kemba? I think not.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Jalen is who he is. The majority of us have seen the kid play over 100 games for UConn.

He's a great offensive talent, who's a bit of an enigma at times when it comes his effort on the floor.

He was thrust into a feature role and been through a lot of losing, but I feel pretty confident in saying that without him we'd have lost a lot more games.

Reaction Score
Everyone with alot of talent needs to be humbled with criticism if there is an inkling of letting down your guard.
Leave it to the mob to let one know, and the mob is one stubborn bunch.
Luckily Jalen has teflon in his DNA.....and it's pretty apparent that as the rest of the team pick up their game, good things start happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom