Jalen Adams & game-deciding 14-0 run... | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams & game-deciding 14-0 run...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jalen scored 9 of the points himself, and assisted the two other buckets (a Polley 3 and an Anderson long-range 2). He also had three defensive rebounds during the stretch.

I'm mad at Ollie for a lot of things, but I think what I'm pre-emptively most mad at is the fact that he's going to have wasted most of this kid's career. Adams is a special, clutch talent, but he should not have to will us to a win over Stony Brook at home, no matter any of the other variables.

I've been an Ollie defender for a long time, but I'm over it and have sold all my stock.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I am so frustrated at four straight years of starting the season like this because we continually start games like this. We are inevitably out of it until the furious second-half comeback.

It has to be better.

Reaction Score
Jalen scored 9 of the points himself, and assisted the two other buckets (a Polley 3 and an Anderson long-range 2). He also had three defensive rebounds during the stretch.

I'm mad at Ollie for a lot of things, but I think what I'm pre-emptively most mad at is the fact that he's going to have wasted most of this kid's career. Adams is a special, clutch talent, but he should not have to will us to a win over Stony Brook at home, no matter any of the other variables.

I've been an Ollie defender for a long time, but I'm over it and have sold all my stock.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I am so frustrated at four straight years of starting the season like this because we continually start games like this. We are inevitably out of it until the furious second-half comeback.

It has to be better.
That was scary but we are 2-0 with a chance to get better. I'l take it

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We are 2-0 with a chance to get better. I'l take it
I hope your optimism proves to be correct. What I've seen is a team that's struggled to put away inferior opposition through 80 minutes, that allowed open 3s and 2nd looks, and that struggles to get guys open unless Jalen goes into god mode.

Oh well. Like I said I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score

It has to be better.
The early season losses last year were inexcusable, but also, in some sense, understandable. Just a ton of new parts. I am willing to write off some of the ugly losses of last season after that because they didn't have 2 of their best 3 players, and for some of them they didn't have Jalen either.

If they lost this game...I mean, Jesus.

Reaction Score
Well the good news is they won. But they have a lot of work to do if they're going to have a good season. There are a lot of new players to work in and guys coming off injuries. I know that. But based upon the last few years I just don't have a lot of faith that Ollie will be able to get them to play much better. That's my fear. Call me a bad fan. Call me negative. But at some point you have to call a spade a spade. I'm not going to freak out yet but I have to be honest with my expectations. I hope Ollie proves me very wrong. I'd love to eat some crow.

Reaction Score
I hope your optimism proves to be correct. What I've seen is a team that's struggled to put away inferior opposition through 80 minutes, that allowed open 3s and 2nd looks, and that struggles to get guys open unless Jalen goes into god mode.

Nah I see the same thing. But I feel like we normally play better against better teams. I don't expect us to he that bad agaisnst Oregon or any of our AAC games. Our season was virtually over after the first 2games last yr. I'll take a 2-0 record with JA and TL playing like demi-Gods in both games. If we can get them clicking at the same time we may have something

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

You are wrong
11 new guys
KO stuck DO in the game and he set many great screens for Adams - not many coaches would have played a totally untested guy that much
Sell your stock - I don't think KO would give a crap
If you thought this team was going to blow these teams your mistaken
Gut and grit was not seen last year
The shooting woes have to end soon but that isn't KO

Reaction Score
You are wrong
11 new guys
KO stuck DO in the game and he set many great screens for Adams - not many coaches would have played a totally untested guy that much
Sell your stock - I don't think KO would give a crap
If you thought this team was going to blow these teams your mistaken
Gut and grit was not seen last year
The shooting woes have to end soon but that isn't KO
Yea we missed a ton of open jump shots tonite

Reaction Score
Missed by all was the way the depth inabled us to put the team away in the end.
Last year we closed weakly due to fatigue.
Once this group actually becomes a team they will be difficult to beat because of this and their ability to make free throws.
We scored in the 70’s against a team that wanted a score in the 50’s that eventuly lead to their demise.
This group has a bit to go before it becomes a team but it has some nice pieces to fit together.
For you non belivers Adams is very good , does he have the will to be a Kemba or even a Bazz ,I don’t know but it will be very interesting to find out.

Reaction Score
I feel like you can't blame Ollie for Jalen not being better... I mean look at the scooter thing... his attitude can be problematic. He is not a mature leader. He is more arrogant and feisty than Walker or Napier... that can work for him in some games but work against him in others.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

It has to be better.
Thought the same thing myself. The talent disparity between who KO labels his "stars", who he actually puts heavy effort into recruiting, vs well everyone else is huge and limits the potential of the said stars. Coupled with sloppy play and a general cluelessness that seems like a characteristic at this point and we seem to find ourselves continually in tight spots.

Reaction Score
DO set some brilliant screens in this run, he is a big part of the reason why jalen was able to get into the lane
I agree, that guy sets a screen like a building.

Reaction Score
DO set some brilliant screens in this run, he is a big part of the reason why jalen was able to get into the lane

I was questioning Ollie for playing David O in crunch time because of how clumsy and foul prone he seemed, and didn’t seem to have touch around the basket like Cobb and Carlton. But you’re right. He cleared out a lot of space for Adams to penetrate and finish.

Reaction Score
Jalen playing so lethargic from the jump is a big reason why they struggled so much tonight. Why did it take him so long to start being aggressive and going towards the basket, instead of starting the game off by taking long fade away 2point jumpers? I wish I could have seen him play with some of our more talented teams, but he needs to be more aggressive and put his imprint on games from the get go. He is way too lackadaisical and too cool for school at times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Vitale but his is just not that good
I've been trying to tell people this the whole offseason. Really great kid and solid player but many posters were out of their minds with what kind of player they were making him out to be.

Reaction Score
Our biggest problem right now is getting our guards going. I count that as a positive because I believe they'll be who we thought they were(Adams, gilbert, vital). If they get going and our bugs continue to do well we will be more than fine

Reaction Score
Jalen playing so lethargic from the jump is a big reason why they struggled so much tonight. Why did it take him so long to start being aggressive and going towards the basket, instead of starting the game of by taking long fade away 2point jumpers? I wish I could have seen him play with some of our more talented teams, but he needs to be more aggressive and put his imprint on games from the get go. He is way too lackadaisical and too cool for school at times.
Yeah this team seems to be in slow motion on offense. Don't see the sense of urgency and passion that was once there a few years back.

Reaction Score

It has to be better.
A lot of it is on Jalen. Kemba and Shabazz led and took games over from the start once they reached that point in their careers. Now is the time for Jalen, he has to assume that responsibility every game.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Any idea how many at the game??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member