Jalen Adams G-League Highlights | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams G-League Highlights

Reaction Score
Yep nope.

He's elevated his game tremendously since KO left. His G league stats are solid. Very solid.

I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the league. But if he keeps improving he has a decent shot at a backup role for a good while.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The dude is an NBA player no doubt. Unfortunately isn’t he like 25 already weirdly? That may actually be the worst thing going for him. If he had CV’s drive he would have been a lotto pick.

Reaction Score
Jalen always looks good against equal or lesser competition. Its when the best of the best are on the floor that his real game is revealed. Meaning he looks 'ordinarily' good.

Reaction Score
He’s always been good and had hops. He was another victim of playing on teams with no talent.

Look at it this way. You are playing 3 on 3 against 3 good high school kids. Your teammates are your mom and your grandmother. Who is the defense going pay most attention to? (It better be you) Will it be easy for you to score? Is it even possible to make your teammates look better no matter what you do?

Now replace them with two skilled players that will do damage if left alone, catch the ball securely, make almost every wide open shot and finish near 100% of their layups. Will it now be easier for you to get open looks or drive to the basket? Of course.

Our teams have been awful. Now that there is a talent upgrade, we are seeing results. Jalen never had a chance in retrospect. Look at how much better CV looked once Bouk and Whaley heated up. Even his suspect handle was dramatically better. He was driving to the hoop beautifully all of a sudden.

Reaction Score
Watching the video, I will reiterate the comment I always made about... he's one of the greatest finishers below the rim of any player I ever seen. I always was frustrated by his lack of free throws but one thing I realized is he is so good at contorting and spinning to finish that he avoids contact to complete the play. It's almost as if he is playing in the driveway and if you call a foul the basket won't count so he does what is necessary to get the hoop.

As for the NBA as long as he can improve his three pointer, he has a shot.

Reaction Score
Jalen has nba level talent. But making the nba, especially as a point guard is so hard. The point guard position is insanely stacked. You have to be one of the top 100 players in the world to have a chance.
We all know how good shabazz is and his nba career is up in the air every season, even when he’s getting a lot of minutes and playing well.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's elevated his game tremendously since KO left. His G league stats are solid. Very solid.

I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the league. But if he keeps improving he has a decent shot at a backup role for a good while.
Yeah it was KO
Talk to Jalen sometime and ask him about KO
JSMH

Reaction Score
Yeah it was KO
JSMH

Ok you got me on this one gtcam. I know it has a chance to be either sarcastic with your first sentence or you were mocking 429 a little? Can you elaborate just a bit?

Reaction Score
Yeah it was KO
JSMH

Did I say it was KOs fault or did I say that he has elevated his game since KO left? Those are two different things. You act like a victim here man, jeez. I don't care about what KO did or did not do here--he's gone. I haven't made negative posts about the guy on two years.

The objective fact is that Jalen Adams is a significantly more effecient, better player since KO left. I don't know if it's coaching, offensive system, something that clicked with JA internally, better strength and conditioning, whatever. But it's a fact. Look at his %s his senior year and in the g-league. He has improved.

Also, JA isn't going to say anything bad about KO--he isn't an idiot. He's trying to make a career in the league and needs every advantage he can get. Whether or not he likes KO isn't really relevant to his talent as a coach either. JA was in the room for all the bull stuff KO pulled. He knows what kind of man he is. If JA still believes in his former coach and mentor, that's great. Every player needs allies in the journeyman ball player world.

Reaction Score
He is the all time “what might have been” UConn player in my opinion. More than Gilbert, Miles, take your pick. The kid’s potential was absolutely off the charts when he was leaving high school.
He was pretty darn good freshman year, too. Flashes of greatness soon to be

I re-watched the 4OT game vs Cincy recently and he was incredible. Totally forgot he hit a tough driving lay up at the end of the 2nd OT to force a 3rd OT before he... we all know. He had cojones from day 1.

I wish he had 2 years with Hurley. He’ll earn an NBA roster spot next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom