Jalen Adams==Derrick Rose | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams==Derrick Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

It will all depend on his work ethic and focus. I called for Ollie to start Jalen in December so I get the talent and the competitiveness - which he needs to channel the right way - but not every guy on this team has that trait.

What will be hard for Jalen is to improve his shot since he can so easily beat guys off the dribble - unless he is really dedicated it won't happen. He obviously needs to take hundreds of shots a day and to develop confidence on the 3 point line. His mechanics aren't awful he just needs some tweaks and repetition.
He could be a great one and KO will be salivating playing both Adams and Gilbert. Quite frankly, that thought gets a coaches head turning on the possibilities - Calhoun and Blaney could talk about it for hours in the bunker but it's a new era now - and hopefully the coaching staff will step up too.

Reaction Score
All I know is one great guard and one off ball shooter can carry a team pretty far in college hoops. We have had more than our fair share. If Adams is the next great UConn guard that's plenty good enough.

Reaction Score
He actually reminds me of some guy named Kevin Ollie. A taller UConn guard, who could go to the hole. Was a much better passer and not a really good 3pt shooter.
Actually I think that is a good comparison. I also think that the reason Ollie has been tough on Adams is that Ollie sees himself in Adams. Ollie has stated in the past that when he first arrived at UConn he was a little on the cocky side and he laughed when Calhoun claimed to be the toughest guy in the gym. I think his quote was "Cmon I'm from South Central LA he can't be tougher than me". Calhoun was tough on Ollie to the point of considering leaving UConn. Ollie soon decided that it was Calhoun who was the toughest guy in the gym. I think Ollie being tough on Adams will help him grow up as a player and a person. In the long run it will be for the best for UConn and Jalen,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom