Jalen Adams==Derrick Rose | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams==Derrick Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adams is dynamic but Rose is arguably the most athletic point guard ever before the injuries, the #1 pick and an MVP. Chill out with these predictions.

Reaction Score
Adams is dynamic but Rose is arguably the most athletic point guard ever before the injuries, the #1 pick and an MVP. Chill out with these predictions.
Scrappy has immunity.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would be very, very happy if he could be Shabazz Napier

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams will be better than Derrick Rose when he's done if he gets that jumpshot going and gets that left hand. At least in college.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Rose came within a few missed free throws of winning the national title in his one and done freshmen year

We're a very good free throw shooting team, when we choke, it's more about dribbling behind our backs when triple teamed or some other really silly turnover, like not knowing what a shot clock is

Comparing freshmen seasons, I don't like the Rose analogy. But I do think Adams is the next great UConn PG thinking, and prefer to compare him to Bazz or Kemba or AJ or TB or Special K or even KO

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Right now Adams is a stud college player, and soon to be stud NBA player. Has all the tools to be a star. But Rose was an incredible athlete for a PG, and someone with his combination of skill/athletisism might not be seen for awhile. But hell why not?

Reaction Score
Right now Adams is a stud college player, and soon to be stud NBA player. Has all the tools to be a star. But Rose was an incredible athlete for a PG, and someone with his combination of skill/athletisism might not be seen for awhile. But hell why not?
We are already declaring JA a stud college player? Please show me some type of consistent stats that back this statement up.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams averages 6 points a game shooting 43% D Rose averaged 14.9 points a game shooting 47%, going to go ahead and say I disagree.

Reaction Score
We are already declaring JA a stud college player? Please show me some type of consistent stats that back this statement up.

Here's his proof:

sleep-computer-460_1205647c.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Jalen is going to be really good at this level, and not too far in the future, but I don't think Rose is a great comparison. Adams doesn't have his quickness or jump-shooting ability.

Reaction Score
I think Jalen is going to be really good at this level, and not too far in the future, but I don't think Rose is a great comparison. Adams doesn't have his quickness or jump-shooting ability.

He actually reminds me of some guy named Kevin Ollie. A taller UConn guard, who could go to the hole. Was a much better passer and not a really good 3pt shooter.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stud was too much, but I do think he is already a very good college player. However, I also think if KO took the training wheals completely off, he'd regularly average around 15 a game. JMO

Reaction Score
Stud was too much, but I do think he is already a very good college player. However, I also think if KO took the training wheals completely off, he'd regularly average around 15 a game. JMO

So, when JA goes 2-7 or 3-9, playing 25 - 30 minutes its because KO hasn't taken off the training wheels. Got it. I also, think that JA is going to be a good College basketball player, but besides his one hot shooting game, if he is not going to the basket, he is having a hard time making shots consistently. Now, if he can string together a few of these games like the last 10 minutes of the Cinci game...maybe he's turned the corner.

Reaction Score
Jalen is a freshman, sure its the 2nd half of the season, but freshman nonetheless. He like all freshman can't dominate in Div 1 right away. All we can go on is his potential which is more than evident. Every announcer I heard raves about his potential.

I see potential in leadership, foul shooting (including late game) and scoring. The kid is fearless and confident. We should expect next year for his assisting and outside shooting to improve along with fewer turnovers. He will be surrounded by some nice 'thoroughbreds' to compliment his improvement.

I am hoping to see him at least double his assist average from 2 to 4 for the rest of this season. That would be going from one assist to two per half.

Next year assisting will have to be integrated into his game, not necessarily pass first but always ready to get others involved. Then he will be known to making his teammates better, as he already makes the team better.

As for D Rose, that's unimportant and way too early to compare. All he needs to become is the next big guard at UConn, that which at UConn would be better than D Rose. Because we have produced the best college guards of any school I know of.

Reaction Score
Other than the fact he cannot shoot, sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3