Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Still, Adams did wait for one thing to happen before he committed to the Huskies.

“It’s sort of funny,” said Connors. “He was waiting to hear from Louisville. I think, somehow, someway, in his head, he felt if you got an offer from Louisville, you’ve arrived, you’re at a certain level. Not that getting offered by UConn doesn’t prove it enough. But, as soon as Louisville offered, he committed to UConn a few days later.”

I have to disagree with Coach Connors. He's correct that he was waiting for the Louisville offer. It was to give him the opportunity to reject them when he made his verbal to UConn!:cool: He was sending a message to the world about which program should have been accepted to the ACC.

Connors does say "He's his own man". Well he certainly is and this man is UConn through and through!!! He was the recruit I've been most excited about. Nothings changed.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
“Jalen’s one of the best athletes I’ve ever seen,” added Connors. “When I say athlete, I mean controlling your body. He’s got the best body control I’ve ever seen. The way he can contort in the air, his hang time, the way he can shift directions ...”

And this tidbit should reignite the debate about elite athletes. Cue in the poster who debated Stanley Robinson's elite athleticism!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Do you think Diaco can change his mind?

Sounds like Adams might have made a pretty good wide receiver. In fact, he did play football last fall at Cushing as a receiver and defensive back, “just because it was something to do,” according to Connors.

“I liked it a lot,” reported Adams, who noted that he played largely because one of his basketball teammates was on the team. Adams racked up a good amount of receiving yards, he said, but never scored a touchdown, as the team’s starting quarterback got hurt and the team had to “wing it.”

But despite his long arms, tremendous hands and overall athleticism, football was never a serious option for Adams.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But then Jalen would watch one quarter of UConn football, and that would be that.

Reaction Score
Love that the kid's a UConn fan first and foremost. Hopefully he will be the next image young kids have of UConn and why they want to one day put on that blue and white with honor

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really excited to see him with the other great players on the team now, and coming in. Seems like a perfect player for our system.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm a little concerned now. A picture is worth a thousand words, and that picture of him trying to make a layup by shooting from between his knees granny-style makes me think he's not ready for this level. No way you can consistently make granny-style shots in DI.

We need a point guard who can reach the basket overhand.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm a little concerned now. A picture is worth a thousand words, and that picture of him trying to make a layup by shooting from between his knees granny-style makes me think he's not ready for this level. No way you can consistently make granny-style shots in DI.

I'm awaiting for the posters who don't recognize sarcasm to respond. I'm betting they will come.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
"The comparisons are too easy. Both hail from Roxbury, Massachusetts, the predominately African-American section of Boston. Both are 6-foot-1 guards..."

So my question is, is Adams a Shabazz "6-foot-1" or a real "6-foot-1"... and how many Uncle Hiltie units is that?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Adams has a gargantuan wingspan for a pg , 6'8 or something . Nba size for a the 1.

Reaction Score
"The comparisons are too easy. Both hail from Roxbury, Massachusetts, the predominately African-American section of Boston. Both are 6-foot-1 guards..."

So my question is, is Adams a Shabazz "6-foot-1" or a real "6-foot-1"... and how many Uncle Hiltie units is that?
At 5'11 1/2 I wonder what I'd be on the Shabazz scale. I'm sure Boat will be listed everywhere at 6' this year, maybe even 6'1.

Reaction Score
So excited for this kid. Imagine if Rodney stays after this year how athletic our backcourt would be!
I think this is another one of those, if he has a big enough year to leave afterwards we'll certainly take it. With the depth in our backcourt, IMO Rodney will have to have a spectacular performance to be a surefire 1st rounder.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Jalen says that he's 6'3" with shoes. And I'd buy that. He's got a 6'6" wingspan. Great size for a PG.

Reaction Score
I'm awaiting for the posters who don't recognize sarcasm to respond. I'm betting they will come.

The last sentence about reaching the basket overhand was actually an effort to ensure the slower-witted people caught the sarcasm. I think some might have missed it with the first paragraph alone.

Reaction Score

I think you are forgetting this granmama
download.jpeg

Reaction Score

He's doing this.

jrichardson_2004_200_080207.jpg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
"In fact, Brewster’s team this winter will look like a Division 1 college squad. The team will boast Alex Illikainen (who recently committed to Wisconsin), Jarred Reuter (Virginia) and Marcus Derrickson (Georgetown) in the frontcourt. Meanwhile, joining Adams in an all-world backcourt will be Louisville-bound Donovan Mitchell, Justin Simon (Arizona) and David Crisp (Washington)."

Jesus. That's not even fair.

Reaction Score
These "games" look like the pickup games in the fieldhouse. The lack of defense is just laughable. There might as well be chairs defending these dunks.

Having said that...I'm pumped about him being the next great Uconn guard.

Reaction Score
These mixtape guys need to chill with editing in the same footage over and over again. The BallasTV showcase clips are new but I've seen like 5 highlight vids mixing in that other footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom