Jalen Adams again | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember thinking Isaiah Briscoe was just a little better than Jalen. Well that is no where near true.

But how much of this is because of AG's injury? Just curious.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's alteriques fault or even the fault of having another PG on the floor.

He has just felt an extra sense of urgency knowing we lost 2/3 of our best players.

Getting his butt kicked by Evans for 20 minutes yesterday set him off. He took it personally and went into attack mode. These 3 halves have been beautiful to watch from him (and no one else)

Reaction Score
He torched Evans in the 2nd half yet we heard mostly Evans stories all night. And he didnt get the benefit of the phantom calls Evans got down the stretch last night, they treated him like Lebron.

Kid bounced back from a traumatic 1st half with 3 of the best quarters I am sure the Maui has seen since Kemba. Impressive, will get tougher but I love him keeping the dribble longer, using the screens on top he is creative as hell getting to the lane. Wished they had set up a couple high screens last night early to get him off on a run, rather than allow him to think he needed to actually be a "PG."

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
There will be ball pressure tomorrow. Let's see Jalen take advantage of the harsh lessons learned in the first half versus the Cowboys. Nice to see the scoring. Need a floor general in control too.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
But how much of this is because of AG's injury? Just curious.
I say it's more the absence of Larrier than AG

Reaction Score
Will Jalen have enough gas in the tank today? He's expended so much energy the last couple of days. Hope the shots fall and legend is made today.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think these injuries might be a blessing in disguise. The team looks it's best when Jalen is in attack mode. The game becomes much easier for everyone. Hopefully when Larrier and AG comes back they can play off him more. I know Ollie said AG is a great leader but this has to be Jalen's team right now and AG needs to refer to the freshman year Kemba/Shabazz role. Jalen is a special player we need to lean on.

Reaction Score
I think these injuries might be a blessing in disguise. The team looks it's best when Jalen is in attack mode. The game becomes much easier for everyone. Hopefully when Larrier and AG comes back they can play off him more. I know Ollie said AG is a great leader but this has to be Jalen's team right now and AG needs to refer to the freshman year Kemba/Shabazz role. Jalen is a special player we need to lean on.

An ACL to our second best player isn't a blessing in disguise or butt naked.

Reaction Score
Let's see how everyone reacts to his next 4-15 game with 5 TO's. It's going to happen to the poor kid because a really good team with defensive guards are going to know they need to but the head off the snake, double teams and rushing him with 2 etc etc.. He is the guy they will now need to stop in order to shut the team down, and it's ok he will have some bad days. But what we saw the last 3 halves on the O end was really really special. There's more to come we just need to be patient as they now know he's the guy!

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I think losing Larrier and Gilbert for these few games is going to help us. Adams found himself as a leader and has stepped up. Now he knows what he can do and when these guys come back, there won't be this lack of cohesion with us because Adams now knows he can do it and will control the tempo instead of everyone running amok. We needed a clear leader and he has taken on that role in the last two games. Maui was when Kemba really became Kemba. Maybe it will do the same for Adams.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
An ACL to our second best player isn't a blessing in disguise or butt naked.
When I made the post neither of the injuries were considered season ending at the time.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Let's see how everyone reacts to his next 4-15 game with 5 TO's. It's going to happen to the poor kid because a really good team with defensive guards are going to know they need to but the head off the snake, double teams and rushing him with 2 etc etc.. He is the guy they will now need to stop in order to shut the team down, and it's ok he will have some bad days. But what we saw the last 3 halves on the O end was really really special. There's more to come we just need to be patient as they now know he's the guy!
Jalen Adams can create though. He averages 5+ assists a game because he can find people. It seems like it just takes awhile to find his rhythm for some reason. I hope to see everyone step up around JA as the season continues now that there can be an outright leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom