Jalen 1 of 5 players in entire country | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen 1 of 5 players in entire country

Reaction Score
Jalen is really creating for others out there. He is becoming a legit point.

Reaction Score
USF close it to within 4 points with 7:51 left. Jalen draws a foul, TV timeout. Game's in the balance.

Here's what happened:

wV43qNu.png

12-2 run. He scored 2 and assisted on 9 points, and the only other point during the run (Purvis going 1/2 at the line) came on a fast break off an Adams outlet pass.

In 2:20 he turned a 4 point lead into 14 and more or less ended the game. He was getting his guys wide open looks every time down the court, and to their credit they buried them.

In the last 7:51 of this game, UConn went on a 24-7 run to seal the win. ADAMS SCORED OR ASSISTED ON 21 OF THE 24 POINTS. That's Bazz or Kemba-type stuff, even against a trash team like USF.

There's no PG in the country I'd want running our team next year. I worry that some here aren't able to appreciate how great he's become.

Reaction Score
Jalen is damn good and has become a great distributor but he's also 2 games removed from a 1-10 performance with 5 turnovers where many questioned his attitude/body language. I know it's frustrating for him playing a full 40 with a depleted team but to take the next step and fully become a great player he needs to not have these type of performances playing against a good team on the road. He is really good but showing he can lead a talented team to a really good season is the next step, I expect it to all click for him next year and for him to truly become great.

Reaction Score
Jalen is damn good and has become a great distributor but he's also 2 games removed from a 1-10 performance with 5 turnovers where many questioned his attitude/body language. I know it's frustrating for him playing a full 40 with a depleted team but to take the next step and fully become a great player he needs to not have these type of performances playing against a good team on the road. He is really good but showing he can lead a talented team to a really good season is the next step, I expect it to all click for him next year and for him to truly become great.

Yup, and he was lousy at Memphis too. Matrim, you need to amend your last line to say that he is in the process of becoming great. He is not great yet. I agree that it is coming if he sticks around.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Everyone seems to have those in conference bumps in the road though. It's the middle of the season, you're on the road, and it's a tough opponent. Looking at the perspective of how they'll perform come tournament time, I like the way the team shows it can play when it's clicking. Hopefully Enoch and Durham can come back healthy so we could have a shot at the tourney. Make some noise in the NCAA and we'll be able to stay relevant while making some noise in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Shot isn't wet enough yet, but Kemba transformed in the offseason between year 2 and 3.
Agree entirely. Kemba improved his shooting/offensive scoring his last 2 years. He became a star. . I just hope Adams can develop his mid-range game and limit some careless turnovers. Easier said then done.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Agree entirely. Kemba improved his shooting/offensive scoring his last 2 years. He became a star. . I just hope Adams can develop his mid-range game and limit some careless turnovers. Easier said then done.
Also he barely shoots so we don't have that great of sample. He always drives or kicks it out. Occasionally he'll shoot a three or pull-up jumper

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Also he barely shoots so we don't have that great of sample. He always drives or kicks it out. Occasionally he'll shoot a three or pull-up jumper
His midrange looks pretty good, just needs some more work. The 3 ball on the other hand looks a little ugly leaving his fingers, he doesn't look like a natural 3pt shooter, which I think at this point is a must for success in the league.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Boat was playing with Shabazz at the time. It makes some things easier.
I think we forget how important Boat was the year of Drummond following the title. Expectations were high and he played a big role as a freshman, averaged double digits scoring if I remember correctly, which we are seeing now is really impressive with UConn's system. He came out of the gate really hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom