Jahlil Okafor = Tim Duncan | The Boneyard

Jahlil Okafor = Tim Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And if the Lakers get him it will be very similar to when the Spurs drafted Duncan.

Reaction Score
Fundamentally sound, great passer, perfect footwork.

Difference is that Duncan is, by the numbers, the best defender in the history of the game and one of the five best rebounders. Okafor is an ok rim protector and rebounder, but nothing special.

Reaction Score
He was living on the right baseline posting up/off the pick and roll all night. Didn't notice him ever on the left. There has got to be a way to limit his production from there; and if anyone can scheme for it, KO can.

Glad MSU made it a good game throughout; glad we have film of them and will have film of Wisconsin giving them a shot.

Reaction Score

Difference is that Duncan is, by the numbers, the best defender in the history of the game and one of the five best rebounders. Okafor is an ok rim protector and rebounder, but nothing special.
Hes played 3 games. Duncan played all 4 years at Wake Forest. Id love to see Okafor after 4 years under coach K.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
MSU is always a game team BUT their post play is not very good due to injuries, etc. I will pass judgement until I see the next coming of Tim Duncan play against some appreciable competetion.
With all those MAAS, and playing a real depleted MSU team, Puke should have won handily.
Watching Kentucky - they would breeze past Puke

Reaction Score
Brimah's length will help us against Okafor but I can see him picking up fouls easily as he fakes out Amida or powers through him, then it's Phil's turn, ouch. Just noticing Town is a beast on Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Hes played 3 games. Duncan played all 4 years at Wake Forest. Id love to see Okafor after 4 years under coach K.
We don't have to worry about him four years from now. We have to worry about him next month.

He'll have much more of an Al Jefferson effect on the game than a Tim Duncan effect. If that offends you, then I'm very, very sorry.

Reaction Score
With all those MAAS, and playing a real depleted MSU team, Puke should have won handily.

Not sure if you watched the game, but they did. There was never a point in the second half when MSU looked capable of winning.

Reaction Score
We don't have to worry about him four years from now. We have to worry about him next month.

He'll have much more of an Al Jefferson effect on the game than a Tim Duncan effect. If that offends you, then I'm very, very sorry.
Not offended at all. I was thinking in general, not just matching up with Uconn. I think Okafor with 4 years under K would be similar to Timmmy after 4 year at Wake.

Reaction Score
You just said Jahlil Okafor is equal to the greatest power forward of all-time, what kind of response do you expect.
did you see his footwork? He looked great for a kid with 3 games under his belt.

Reaction Score
You're equating "looked great for a kid with 3 games under his belt" with the best PF in history and a lock hall of famer. You shouldn't be surprised that people are calling you on that overstatement.
I also think, just in terms of the effect on the game, it's not a great comparison. Duncan's offense has always been the third part of what makes him great, behind his defense and rebounding. He won games just based on his ability to protect the rim.

Okafor won't change the game like that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And if the Lakers get him it will be very similar to when the Spurs drafted Duncan.

Also, generally speaking, comparing a college freshman to arguably the best power forward of all time is just a bit of a reach.

Reaction Score
Lol. They should just chalk the first half of season up to hyperbole.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you watched the game, but they did. There was never a point in the second half when MSU looked capable of winning.

They hung around in the 6-8 point range for most of the time. By no means was it domination by dook.

Reaction Score
Maybe not a direct comparison, but the footwork and play on the block is similar. Very rare for big guy to have such great feet in offense.

Reaction Score
Maybe not a direct comparison, but the footwork and play on the block is similar. Very rare for big guy to have such great feet in offense.
It's fine to say that he has phenomenal footwork for a freshman big guy but I don't get the incessant need to make pro comparisons for every college player. Just pull up any mock draft for NBA or NFL and every player comparison is an all-star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom