Jada Williams de-committs | The Boneyard

Jada Williams de-committs

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes this is old news. After Kiki Rice committed to UCLA, Williams rightly understood she would be a bench warmer behind Rice and Jones and others if she stuck with UCLA, and Arizona looked a lot more attractive. I don't blame her. It was a canny move. Also, I'm not sure she had signed an NLI at that point.

Reaction Score
Yes this is old news. After Kiki Rice committed to UCLA, Williams rightly understood she would be a bench warmer behind Rice and Jones and others if she stuck with UCLA, and Arizona looked a lot more attractive. I don't blame her. It was a canny move. Also, I'm not sure she had signed an NLI at that point.
An NLI could not have been signed until 3 months after her decommit

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
There's a mass exodus from the Arizona program
Madi Connor, Lauren Ware, Paris Clark, and Lemyah Hylton have all entered the transfer portal. If I've got this right, that means that Arizona's entire 2020 and 20221 recruiting classes have transferred out, as well as half of the 2022 class (to date). Since Arizona started 3 5th year seniors, that means a turnover of 7 going forward. And it might be more if a couple of the 4th year seniors (3, I think) decide to forgo a 5th year.

Reaction Score
Madi Connor, Lauren Ware, Paris Clark, and Lemyah Hylton have all entered the transfer portal. If I've got this right, that means that Arizona's entire 2020 and 20221 recruiting classes have transferred out, as well as half of the 2022 class (to date). Since Arizona started 3 5th year seniors, that means a turnover of 7 going forward. And it might be more if a couple of the 4th year seniors (3, I think) decide to forgo a 5th year.
Perhaps Adia Barnes is not the wunderkind coach she might have seemed after the Wildcats stunned UConn in '21.

Reaction Score
Holy crap!!

Reaction Score
Perhaps Adia Barnes is not the wunderkind coach she might have seemed after the Wildcats stunned UConn in '21.

Time will tell. Another post in the transfer announcements outlined some possible reasons/issues as to why players are leaving. On the flipside, the development of players like Pellington and Reese happened under her coaching.

In Pellington's case, she's very thankful for her time there. Her time at Oklahoma didn't end well after earning Freshman of the Year honours. Personally, I believe her play and decision making has improved a lot since her HS and Oklahoma days.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My bad. I saw the video on Instagram and thought it was new
So back to the OP...has she or has she not de-committed??? If she has, seems very odd that she would announce it while UCLA is still dancing.

Reaction Score
So back to the OP...has she or has she not de-committed??? If she has, seems very odd that she would announce it while UCLA is still dancing.
She decommitted from UCLA in August. She is now an Arizona commit and shows no signs of leaving.

Reaction Score
As was already said above, she switched her commitment from UCLA to AZ last year, before she'd even signed an NLI to UCLA. This is old news. The speculation is that when she saw Rice commit officially to UCLA she thought better of being her understudy for 3 years.

Reaction Score
Gee, I do wonder. Deacon we best be careful less the bird appears.

Would one think the kitties coach is one hit wonder? Could transfer of McDonald be the high point of her career?

Bear down

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Add Lauren Fields. So the turnover total is now 8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom