Jacobs: UConn's Road To A Power 5 Goes Through New York | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jacobs: UConn's Road To A Power 5 Goes Through New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am watching tonight's Manhattan-Iona basketball game, and Manhattan College claims that they are the 6th borough on signs at both ends of their arena. Who claim was first, UConn or Manhattan College? If Manhattan was first, would that have any legal repercussions on UConn's claim. Any attorneys who wish to comment would be more than welcome.
False modesty. is all. Everyone knows Manhattan is the 1st borough.

Reaction Score
I am watching tonight's Manhattan-Iona basketball game, and Manhattan College claims that they are the 6th borough on signs at both ends of their arena. Who claim was first, UConn or Manhattan College? If Manhattan was first, would that have any legal repercussions on UConn's claim. Any attorneys who wish to comment would be more than welcome.
Isn't Manhatten one of the five boroughs?

Reaction Score
Manhattan college is in the Bronx. Riverdale to be precise, the wealthiest community in the Bronx.

Claiming to be the "6th borough" in this instance is a misdirect designed to distract wealthy high schoolers from the tri-state tarea that their college is in one of the poorest counties in the entire country.

That's what this is.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

That's the nickname for their student section - since their nickname is the Jaspers, they don't have much they can do in the way of "Dog Pound" or "Hawks Nest", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom