Jacobs the Jamoke (and Others) | The Boneyard

Jacobs the Jamoke (and Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember the year Jeff Jacobs went to Columbia, Mizzorah to get his Journalism degree. That year I saw Yankee Conference members fiercely go at it with about 7000 other fans at Memorial Stadium. It was a great battle of New England Titans - UConn (I remember feeling that word was strange coming out of my mouth) versus UMass (we won 28-6). It was a sweet treat for a teen with his Dad.

Nothing in my memory bank of the intervening years marks Mizzou as a power in College Football. They have often been more Rutgers than SI cover team. It's great that they draw 71,000 to SEC today; but, their history is one marked more by failure than conference champions. And Hoop? Classic underachieving AD with Norm Stewart as face of the Building.

Ask Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates, or other regional entrepreneurs, what it takes to start a successful Venture. That's what UConn football is Mr. Jacobs. You love to take your shots. But WE are the University that took a Yankee Conference also ran and became a top 5 CBB Brand; a group of girls that were a smidge beyond Y basketball & became the Best Brand in College WBB; filled a stadium regularly beyond all other Universities for 40 years in Men's Soccer; and went from playing in an open air rink to leading the Best conference in Ice Hockey in attendance in our first year. Plus consecutive National Championships in Field Hockey & assorted other Olympic sport achievement.

You doubt our ability to build a competitive National Program in Football? You scorn our fanbase?

What is with this Connecticut resident and others?

There's no lack of "can do" in our UConn will. I'd opine that 26,113 is a helluva nice crowd - given our last 4 years. We are far more CAPABLE of giving Bigtime Teams trouble than (let's count them?) BC, Pitt, Syracuse ... And RUTGERS!!

Take your ego & your big fat Mizzou Tigers and shove it. This is the modest achievers wing of the CFB HOF. There's nothing like a Cartel to show their inane capability to foster mid level mediocrity. In fact, that's the economic 101 rule. With a little luck & great State pride, Susan Herbst is well on her way to building a Competitive Global University. Beyond that one in Columbia (SC or MO or Ohio). Plus Football.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well said. Feel better?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Ever since the Courant encrypted their online content so that you have to give them your first born to read it, I don't bother. Would you mind copy/pasting what you're talking about?

Reaction Score
It's Labor Day weekend ... and you're asking me to work? I've got 50 cousins to engage. No rants allowed there.

You can probably find the Thursday Courant in a recyclable box near your neighborhood.

Reaction Score
Of course ...

2 kids in college (and not leaving campus this weekend) with tuition paid (7 more to go). I recognize Jimmy is at a different phase. I just was looking for a productive place to put my Dad's favorite word - Jamoke.

Reaction Score
You get a like for using jamoke. I've used it myself on this forum. Picket it up from a buddy's dad as a kid.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The world would be a better place if more people used "Jamoke" and fewer people used "Amazing".
This place would be amazing if everyone added Jamoke to each of their posts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I must have missed the part where he was offensive. I read a few paragraphs and got bored by Big 8 stories from before I was born.

Jamoke.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jacobs a Jamoke? Hardly seems like the type.

A Jabroni? Absolutely.

Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge. I didn't read the piece in question, but Jacobs is the typical "journalist" who sits behind a monitor trying to figure out ways to draw attention to his column. Being unfairly or unnecessarily critical is usually a good way to do that. He's never built anything or put any energy into trying to build something.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge. I didn't read the piece in question, but Jacobs is the typical "journalist" who sits behind a monitor trying to figure out ways to draw attention to his column. Being unfairly or unnecessarily critical is usually a good way to do that. He's never built anything or put any energy into trying to build something.

I'm sorry, but isn't that his job? And how are journalists supposed to "build something"? He's not a football coach or basketball coach, he writes for a friggin' newspaper.

Reaction Score
Jacobs annoys me sometimes, but I feel that overall the boars(s) tend to be too harsh on both he and Dez.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but isn't that his job? And how are journalists supposed to "build something"? He's not a football coach or basketball coach, he writes for a friggin' newspaper.

Exactly my point. There are other things he could do with his life and his writing for that matter.

Reaction Score
The encryption at the Courant sames me the time and energy of reading Jacobs or Connor's garbage they put out. Thank you Courant.com for changing your policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom