Jacobs says "no way" Manuel will fire PP | The Boneyard

Jacobs says "no way" Manuel will fire PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope that wasn't Whitmer's last game. That would be messed up.

Reaction Score
If that is true you will see more empty seats next year than this year. Jacobs writes that the football program and PP must "rededicate" themselves to winning games and get back on the uphill track. Ummmmm, shouldn't that have been the case after LAST year when we went 5-7 too???

Reaction Score
I wish I cared enough to get an online petition going (change.org) but I don't.

If GDL is back next year I don't know how I can put myself through another year like this. I can live with PP coming back but not GDL.

Hey Warde...10 points in the second half TOTAL, for ALL Big East games. Get it?

Reaction Score
I wish I cared enough to get an online petition going (change.org) but I don't.

If GDL is back next year I don't know how I can put myself through another year like this. I can live with PP coming back but not GDL.

Hey Warde...10 ****ing points in the second half TOTAL, for ALL Big East games. Get it?

If Warde wants to torpedo his own legacy and destroy UConn Football, then by all means bring PP and GDL back.

Today was the sorriest thing I have ever seen things. That man is just terrible. How many recruits did we have at the game today?

Reaction Score
We had a lot. As mentioned in another post, it was like watching the walking dead as they filed out of a stadium that was about 10-15 percent full for most of the fourth quarter and 2 percent full at the final gun.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
No support no support fill the seats! Forget AD!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Something that happened today is a perfect case in point on what the problem is.

When Cincy scored on the pass back to the QB after the backward pass to a WR, I said to a number of people (including Nostical) that considering our wildcat QB, a WR (Smith) who played QB in HS and an OC (GDL) who claims to own the largest playbook in captivity, that play should have been part of our wallpaper.

Later, when we had both McCummings (QB) and Whitmer (WR) on the field (where everyone in the stadium knew CW was out of position) the play was a fly sweep with Nick Williams running towards where Whitmer was positioned (flowing the entire defense towards him) where Williams tossed the ball to Whitmer (evidently none of the defense was going to be anywhere near Whitmer with a play this well conceived).

My opinion (no facts but what I saw makes this theory plausible) was that GDL decided to draw that play up after seeing Cincy's TD pass to the QB. I believe that this was what happened because there is no way the play would have been run towards where they were trying to deceive the defense if they had taken the time to work through t his play in practice.

Our offense is just throwing a number of plays at the defense hoping that something will work. No game plan. No basic overall philosophy. No underlying strategy. I don't see how decades of experience led to this.

Reaction Score
If PP is gonna stay, then for 's sake Warde, at least get rid of GDL. Save us all from further hell in 2013.

When the stands clear out with 11m left because they have ZERO confidence the offense can make up 2 TDs in that time, that speaks volumes of how this season-long anemic offense has destroyed the team and fueled fan apathy.

Jacobs was right - that announced crowd of 33k today looked like a generous number. Plenty of empty seats scattered around the stadium all night, including the blue chairbacks. Stadium looked half-full at best. Not good for a team playing for bowl eligibility.

It's a situation that's only gonna get worse next year unless there are changes on this staff. And since we've managed to get caught in the perfect storm of misfortune & front office incompetence in the conference realignment sweepstakes, we can't afford further missteps.

Get. rid. of. GDL. And if you feel bold Warde, can PP too. Please.

Reaction Score
I hated the PP hire, then tried to talk myself into keeping PP and letting GDL go. but the reality is there probably isn't a worse person to represent the program as a growing, big time program than a 60+ guy who looks 70 and always scowls, never does anything innovative and is a poor public speaker

Reaction Score
Something that happened today is a perfect case in point on what the problem is.

When Cincy scored on the pass back to the QB after the backward pass to a WR, I said to a number of people (including Nostical) that considering our wildcat QB, a WR (Smith) who played QB in HS and an OC (GDL) who claims to own the largest playbook in captivity, that play should have been part of our wallpaper.

Later, when we had both McCummings (QB) and Whitmer (WR) on the field (where everyone in the stadium knew CW was out of position) the play was a fly sweep with Nick Williams running towards where Whitmer was positioned (flowing the entire defense towards him) where Williams tossed the ball to Whitmer (evidently none of the defense was going to be anywhere near Whitmer with a play this well conceived).

My opinion (no facts but what I saw makes this theory plausible) was that GDL decided to draw that play up after seeing Cincy's TD pass to the QB. I believe that this was what happened because there is no way the play would have been run towards where they were trying to deceive the defense if they had taken the time to work through t his play in practice.

Our offense is just throwing a number of plays at the defense hoping that something will work. No game plan. No basic overall philosophy. No underlying strategy. I don't see how decades of experience led to this.

I believe we ran that play against UMass when we were up by 20+ points. Was stupid then and stupid today.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hated the PP hire, then tried to talk myself into keeping PP and letting GDL go. but the reality is there probably isn't a worse person to represent the program as a growing, big time program than a 60+ guy who looks 70 and always scowls, never does anything innovative and is a poor public speaker
UConn appears to want to corner the market on poor public speakers. Every head coach and the AD, with the exception of Geno, seems to be operating with a limited vocabulary and dull tone. Ray Reid is lucky he doesn't get that many broadcast interviews, to name one of the worst offenders.

Reaction Score
UConn appears to want to corner the market on poor public speakers. Every head coach and the AD, with the exception of Geno, seems to be operating with a limited vocabulary and dull tone. Ray Reid is lucky he doesn't get that many broadcast interviews, to name one of the worst offenders.

Penders is in the GA mold, just not as many hand movements.

Reaction Score
So you think he was spitballin it? Maybe. Even if he wasn't, Whitmer was already hurt. Just put him at further risk with some crackpot sandlot play. He's not a runner! He's not big. He's hurt.

Reaction Score
Not one of Jacobs' better articles. Guess I don't understand why P gets a pass for this year and it's only next year that there will be pressure. I don't get that

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
3 years will be enough. If not for the Hanging Chad game at Temple this team would be bowl eligible.

I agree mediocrity was guaranteed with the hiring. I expected 7-5 this year and more muddling around for another 2 years. Instead we start next season with HCPP on the hot seat and needing to prove he's got a plan. Like others I'd expect Manuel to insist on some changes or something meaningful in the post-mortem period.

Reaction Score
Playing it safe will not get us into another conference. Warde Manuel needs to make some bold moves.

Reaction Score
So true. As much as I love and root for Ollie, every time he opens his mouth, I cringe (he sounds dumb as a rock and hardly the ideal for a strong academic institution rep). PP sounds like a senile neanderthal.

Reaction Score
Not one of Jacobs' better articles. Guess I don't understand why P gets a pass for this year and it's only next year that there will be pressure. I don't get that
Because these clowns think their bread is buttered by UConn rather than paying readers. As soon as we start complaining and attacking these suck ups, the sooner they will change their tune. You need to complain, ridicule and challenge. They know nothing more than most here.

Reaction Score
So you think he was spitballin it? Maybe. Even if he wasn't, Whitmer was already hurt. Just put him at further risk with some crackpot sandlot play. He's not a runner! He's not big. He's hurt.

He also didn't have any room to throw the ball....if there was no pressure that play still had no chance to work.

Reaction Score
with all their yrs of coaching & nfl experience i still cannot fathom how they fail to grasp the simple concept of taking a knee to end the half or the game. why take the chance of running a 165 lb kid up the middle. add this with how they use timeouts
just makes one shake their head. and i liked the PP hire. like many stated it seems like he's not the guy to lead the team.

Reaction Score
with all their yrs of coaching & nfl experience i still cannot fathom how they fail to grasp the simple concept of taking a knee to end the half or the game. why take the chance of running a 165 lb kid up the middle. add this with refusing to use timeouts
just makes one shake their head. and i liked the PP hire. like many stated it seems like he's not the guy to lead the team.
Why we didn't take a knee at the end of the half is just unfathomable

Reaction Score
Why we didn't take a knee at the end of the half is just unfathomable
What don't you get?! The coaches have already established the fact that it doesn't make sense take a knee even when we have a game WON, so therefore, by extension, we should NEVER take a knee to end a half. Silly Skiblets. Oh, wait-unless our failure to take a knee at the end of games we have won were was ALSO monumentally dumb decisions.....but this would be a sign of consistent incompetence/lack of attention to detail. That is something that UCONN wouldn't settle for in a coaching staff, so I go back to my earlier premise-you are just being silly Skiblets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom