Jacobs is back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacobs is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
officer_barbrady.gif
I really wish @CTMike was the one posting this meme, funny nonetheless.

Reaction Score
@CT_Goonie Small but important time frame before Big 12 meetings. Tighter focus means more succinct FOI reply.

This was ha reply when I asked him abou the time frame

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread: Suzie was on Geno's coach's show on WTIC Tuesday evening. If you listen to it from the archives, you will see that every fiber of her being she is extolling the virtues of UCONN. She points to various improvements on campus,, academic achievements & hires, partnerships (Jackson Labs), anything to put UCONN in its best light to the public. She's preaching to the choir, but, rest assured, the word is getting out.

Reaction Score
Does FOI cover any communication that may have been done through personal IP's of an official at home?

While I'm as anxious about this as any fan, I don't need the details of any initiative UConn may be exercising with anyone.

When corporations look to combine assets, I find it hard to believe they tell their employees months in advance they are planning a merger. Doesn't that news surface as they are about to "ink a deal?......and at a point in time which in accordance with any labor agreements?"

I like surprises. I pray for the morning I wake up and see multiple newspapers with the headlines "TOUCHDOWN!". I don't need a yearly blow by blow account of who is doing what......just the end result. Its asinine to think UConn is not engaged in an agenda promoting UConn.

Reaction Score
Does FOI cover any communication that may have been done through personal IP's of an official at home?

While I'm as anxious about this as any fan, I don't need the details of any initiative UConn may be exercising with anyone.

When corporations look to combine assets, I find it hard to believe they tell their employees months in advance they are planning a merger. Doesn't that news surface as they are about to "ink a deal?......and at a point in time which in accordance with any labor agreements?"

I like surprises. I pray for the morning I wake up and see multiple newspapers with the headlines "TOUCHDOWN!". I don't need a yearly blow by blow account of who is doing what......just the end result. Its asinine to think UConn is not engaged in an agenda promoting UConn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I'm no lawyer but I would have to think not. Nor should it since the assumption should be made that personal communication outlets are for just that: personal (that is to mean, private) communication. Even public officials get to maintain some amount of privacy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm no lawyer but I would have to think not. Nor should it since the assumption should be made that personal communication outlets are for just that: personal (that is to mean, private) communication. Even public officials get to maintain some amount of privacy.

But just as with Hillary Clinton...they aren't supposed to conduct their official duties via personal accounts.

On FOI, I think UConn has discretion not to release any information that it reasonably believes would jeopardize ongoing negotiations. So the request is effectively meaningless. A year from now... I suspect that the results would be different.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
But just as with Hillary Clinton...they aren't supposed to conduct their official duties via personal accounts.

True. Also a no-no, but you still shouldn't be able to FOIA their personal accounts without any prior missteps just because you think maybe they use them to discuss work topics. (And truth be told, most of them probably do.)

MattMang23

Reaction Score
On FOI, I think UConn has discretion not to release any information that it reasonably believes would jeopardize ongoing negotiations. So the request is effectively meaningless. A year from now... I suspect that the results would be different.

And I totally agree here.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The article also says the obvious; conferences and Presidents do not like having their private conversations aired publicly. I say this just in case there are any more Yarders, with tattoos showing how much they # BleedBlue, contemplating hitting UConn with a FOI request.

Hold off on this stuff until after an announcement is made. Once the press conference is official, FOI away.

And yes, if UConn is passed over for any of these collection of misfits, there will need to be years long studies into answering the hows and whys. We are the #1 choice by every single value metric.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
If we are passed over, I don't think you'll find much in the way of lack of effort on our end. It will be because other schools compromised to include a different candidate even though all available data concluded we were the candidate they could make the most money doing business with.

We aren't the ones making the BXII's decisions so you're not likely to dig up anything on our end. We can only present our candidate profile as best we can and hope they choose us. Finding out why they didn't, if they don't, will have to come from information from other schools.

Reaction Score
Just saying...

If someone is inclined to file a FOIA requests, perhaps they could also gather info from other state universities. (other states have FOIA's too) I'd like to see the give and take on the email circuit between and among various ACC members when decisions were being made to exclude us, especially when LV was added. (Did Syracuse and Pitt take positions?) Also, I 'd love to see the banter between and among B1G members regarding the Rutroh mess. This could be entertaining and revealing.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Cuse is private and not subject to FOIA. Pitt is categorized as private but receiving state funding so I'm not sure how that works.

Florida St. and Clemson would be the ones to FOIA request and you'd probably get some of their convos with the Cuse and Pitt folks but you wouldn't be able to get Cuse's internal docs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's because the Courant is complicit with UConn administration not to look where they are not supposed to look.

The article mentions that K State president met with Herbst in November. Why wouldn't they ask to go back three more months to see if there was any electronic communication that corresponded with a physical meeting?
Shhhhh!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The premise that we're not pursuing an opportunity to instantly generate a multi million dollar revenue increase and ensure the "Front Porch" of our university remains firmly in the spotlight is so freaking asinine.

Reaction Score
Shhhhh!

Yeah, Jeff Jacobs ain't biting the hand that feeds him. I bet you Uconn reviewed that article before it was printed. JJ is in the opinion piece business not the hardcore journalism business. The Horde should be pulling for Uconn to make it to a P5 as much as anyone. Their livelihood depends on the continued prosperity of Uconn sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom