Jacobs being Jacobs | The Boneyard

Jacobs being Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
as far as jacobs articles go i didnt think that was so bad...although you're correct in that he just couldn't resist inserting a few, quick one liners intended as slights.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No one can find the dark cloud within the silver lining like good ol' Jeff.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
He has to be a about this as well.

Not a JJ fan at all, but I thought his article was "Fair and Balanced"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Questioning that it was a devious plan to skirt the NCAA wasn't necessary.

Reaction Score

I think he is fair. We are a big time program, and anything we do will be scrutinized ad nauseam. He's just doing what should be done - look at every angle of this. I think that our new prez will, and good for her.

I, for one, am not happy with the APR issue,and that is laid on Calhoun. If she steps on his toes, too bad, he needs to be able to deal with it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They went to bed Friday night knowing Drummond would be at UConn Tuesday when classes start, tucking themselves in with dreams of back-to-back national titles dancing in their Husky heads

Well not if they were on they were on the new Boneyard.

FIW, I'm also not a huge Jacobs fan (much as I'm not a fan of foot fungus), but I didn't find much wrong in this article.

Reaction Score
Jeff wasn't bad--this time. Wait a while and there will be something far more irksome, I'm sure.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Some pretty provocative language being used, this is the main thing that got under my skin:

If Drummond walked on, it could skirt APR rules and, in the face of NCAA scrutiny, how devious and cynical would that move be?
Cynical... maybe. Devious is a very harsh word to use there IMHO. What irks me more is that Jacobs doesn't have the cojones to say exactly how devious it is, he leaves it up to the reader to fill it in.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've no intention to read JJ. He's irrelevant. Won't click his page deliberately to reduce his count. His treatment of JC is vindictive. I'll get my info from those that choose to view him.

I'm enjoying the idea that as JC and his fans celebrate, JJ is miserable. That's good enough for me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's doin UConn a favor. Let's get any potential negative spin addressed upfront.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I've no intention to read JJ. He's irrelevant. Won't click his page deliberately to reduce his count. His treatment of JC is vindictive. I'll get my info from those that choose to view him.

I'm enjoying the idea that as JC and his fans celebrate, JJ is miserable. That's good enough for me.

Jacobs is always miserable, even when he's smiling and laughing, he's a miserable SOB

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Not a JJ fan at all, but I thought his article was "Fair and Balanced"
I thought he turned it dark at the end. Up til then it was ok and reasoned. When he posited about running players off and assuming AD would leave without qualifying, he went from reporting to opinionating and it became shoddy journalism.

Reaction Score
Just remember, guards win national championships not centers. It will all come down to shabazz and wether boatwright can play at high level as a freshman. But I'll take my chances. Can you fathom 2 national tittles after being elected to HOF for coach Calhoun?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
JJ is a bitter fool

haters gonna hate

you would think that he and Doug Gott-Nothing would be tired of being wrong by now. Both guys are just embarrassing themselves at this point

Reaction Score
I didn't see anything wrong with the article at all.

Do people really think, given what's happened over the past few years, that JC is beyond being questioned about something like this?

A kid was pretty much forced to give up his scholarship this year. That sits well with everyone?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the kid didn't give up anything, he's getting a free ride

you really have a problem with that?

Reaction Score
By no means am I a JC basher or even a critic. But I think some people are going a bit overboard on how this was such a magnamimous gestrure on Calhoun's behalf. The coach, like it or not, has a little bit of a history and is not beyond being questioned. I saw in another thread someone actually posted that JC took Bradley last year because his of his story growing up.

Come on people.

Reaction Score
It is legal and that's really all that matters.

Many teams would have cleared out a player anyway they had to to get a player like AD on the floor this year.

We found a loop hole we could exploit and kept everyone on board- that my friends is an excellent example of a great coaching staff making an unheard of and very creative move to make us a top 3-4 team in the country next year.

Brilliant move plain and simple.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, the most enlightening thing to me about Jacobs column today was that without Hathaway and his bureaucratic butt boys who are now afraid to talk given the changes in leadership - Jacobs is left talking to Quinn about UConn. While it fills the Jacobs requirement of elevating someone who hates Calhoun.......its shows how he will not be very insightful about anything UConn. He aligned himself with Hathaway and now he is living with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom