Jacobs article is up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacobs article is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His credentials indicate he is skilled in those areas:

Kendig, who was hired by Iowa in 2010, helped that university "reposition its public message for the digital age, aggressively pursuing new strategies in multimedia content and social media as well as more traditional platforms," according to the UConn news release.

Penn State prior to Iowa --- hmmm.

Reaction Score
I'm going to point this out again.

With 10 minutes to go, Oklahoma led 34-20 and we had the ball in their territory. Almost got it down to their 20 except for a good play by their DB knocking the ball out of our WR's hands. Drive stalled, five-minute drive the other way to seal it, and a meaningless pick six tacked on.

That should be part of the story from that game - underdog hung in, gave the heavy favorite a little scare, but the favorite pulled away late. Except it's not - people act like it was 55-0. Even our local writers, who were freakin' there, still treat it as if we were never in it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Making that bowl game was what you call "Catastrophic Success". This current environment is so petty, jealous, greedy and irrational it's just hard to take. Didn't WVU demolish Clemson by like 100 touchdowns last year? Nobody said anything about that.

It's completely unfair, but what else were we supposed to do?

It just makes me want to say to all of them and keep doing whatever it is we are doing that makes them hate us so much. Except for useless Blumenthal Lawsuits of course.

F them all.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Perception is reality, whether it's UConn vs. Oklahoma on the field or UConn vs. Louisville in ACC boardrooms.

PR's role is to change perception. The prior PR dept did a great job of promoting academic progress. Not so much otherwise.

Reaction Score
This quote:

"What hurts here is perception. When Maryland bolted for the Big Ten, national media immediately made UConn the favorite, and Jurich said UConn was "penned in." UConn sources, however, said Louisville and UConn were co-favorites from the start with Cincinnati third. Unlike Herbst and Manuel, who went to the Virgin Islands with UConn basketball, and Ramsey who went to the Bahamas with Rick Pitino's team, Jurich stayed back in Louisville burning up the phone lines. Clearly his intense lobbying paid off."

Shoot me.

Powerful and accurate statements. Jurich WORKED his butt off on this while McFatty Manuel "MONITORED".....................from the USVI!

Herbst and McFatty never acted with the appropriate amount of urgency required for such an important initiaitive. Luisville had ALL HANDS on DECK while UCONN was sitting quietly and monitoring .......................from a long distance awya. Now they are trying to cover their butts so as not to get blamed for their collossal failure. Herbst and Manuel fumbled the ball BIG TIME!

Reaction Score
I agree with most of the article. One think I can't stand is the talk of UConn fans not buying enough tickets to the Fiesta Bowl.
I don’t remember the details; but, when I got my Fiesta Bowl package from UConn I laughed. They only offered air out of Bradley (I lived N of Boston at the time) and the required hotel packages were joke. I remember looking on-line and I found an equal quality hotel just across the street from the ‘UConn’ hotel, which, by the way, was nowhere near the stadium, for a fraction of the cost. I would have gone on my own and ½ the cost and a lot of folks I talked to felt the same. I did not go because of work and my wife was 7 months pregnant at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom