Jacob article on student fee subisidies of athletic departments | The Boneyard

Jacob article on student fee subisidies of athletic departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a rehash of the numbers we've seen on the board, but if you are jonesing for something UConn related to read, it' okay.

My only complaint is this quote"

But none more impressive than the perfect 1,000 score by the men's basketball team for the second straight year (2012-13 and 2013-14). The team scored a 978 in its national championship 2010-11 season and a 947 in 2011-12 for its current four-year APR mark of 983. Nobody can say that UConn basketball is an academic sham anymore. The UConn women, of course, have always had strong APR marks.

No one could ever say that Jeff. You know better. Why throw in a baseless shot at the university?

Reaction Score
It's a rehash of the numbers we've seen on the board, but if you are jonesing for something UConn related to read, it' okay.

My only complaint is this quote"

But none more impressive than the perfect 1,000 score by the men's basketball team for the second straight year (2012-13 and 2013-14). The team scored a 978 in its national championship 2010-11 season and a 947 in 2011-12 for its current four-year APR mark of 983. Nobody can say that UConn basketball is an academic sham anymore. The UConn women, of course, have always had strong APR marks.

No one could ever say that Jeff. You know better. Why throw in a baseless shot at the university?
No, no one except Jeff Jacobs and some Syracuse and BC fans. I read a column this past week by a SF Examiner sportswriter and marveled at his eloquence and lack of personal bias. How I wish Jacobs could be more like big city sportswriters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How I wish Jacobs could be more like big city sportswriters.

D'Oh?

Don't read many 'big city sportswriters', do we? I think the very worst people in the biz are them big city sportswriters.

Jay Mariotti writes for the San Francisco Examiner - be very glad Jeff Jacobs isn't like him.

I also think the OP misinterprets the intent. It's not Jacobs' taking a shot, he's saying that others can no longer take it. As we saw, there was no shortage of media and opposing fans tripping over themselves to do so when the APR kerfuffle was in full swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom