Jackson vs Scheierman | The Boneyard

Jackson vs Scheierman

Reaction Score
Jax did a superb job on defense today. He always does, but his assignment was to shut down Scheierman, who is a dangerous shooter. This guy hits 39% of his 3’s and Jax absolutely took away his perimeter game so that he hit only 1 of 7 3-point attempts. He frustrated him and bottled him up so he couldn’t dribble out of tight situations, forcing a couple of turnovers. The 13-5 differential in TOs is a big part of the reason why we won this game.

Reaction Score
Scheierman is a heck of a player…he’s the guy other teams just love to hate but he’s tough. He and Kaluma just had a nose for the ball

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope the NBA GMs that attended saw his value. Yeah the shot is a work in progress, but with a late first/second round flier, you could do worse than a 99th percentile athlete that plays out standing defense from the 1-4 positions. Rebounding doesn’t hurt either.

Not even mentioning his great character and passion for winning. I’m sure the interview process will help him out in due time.

Reaction Score
Scheierman also did miss a couple of open ones thankfully. The shooting variance from home to at their place will be a key for who wins the rematch.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Scheierman also did miss a couple of open ones thankfully. The shooting variance from home to at their place will be a key for who wins the rematch.
Yeah, he will make those next time. Overall I thought we played OK but Creighton played really poorly. I’m certain we will get a better effort from them next go around.

Reaction Score
I hope the NBA GMs that attended saw his value. Yeah the shot is a work in progress, but with a late first/second round flier, you could do worse than a 99th percentile athlete that plays out standing defense from the 1-4 positions. Rebounding doesn’t hurt either.

Not even mentioning his great character and passion for winning. I’m sure the interview process will help him out in due time.
Brad Stevens sighting at two straight UConn home games!

Reaction Score
True to extent but we're #1 in the country vs the 3 for a reason guys are typically taking open 3s to get their percentage this is rare against us

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Geez. The line that we won because Creighton played poorly is pretty much a diss to us. I prefer to think our outstanding defense forced Creighton into offensive ineptness
Both can be true. Our off ball defense was outstanding yesterday. Certainly made them very uncomfortable and was a large factor for their problems. I also feel we didn’t get their best shot. Is that a problem?

I don’t think we gave Providence our best shot, does anyone here think we played our best game that night? But I’m not taking anything away from how they manhandled us, and the things they DID do to beat us.

The little man syndrome in this place is exhausting. Everything is perceived as a slight. Everyone is out to get us ( refs / announcers/ media/ opposing fans/ hell, our own fans ) or not give us our due. It’s gotta be tough living with that level of paranoia.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Both can be true. Our off ball defense was outstanding yesterday. Certainly made them very uncomfortable and was a large factor for their problems. I also feel we didn’t get their best shot. Is that a problem?

I don’t think we gave Providence our best shot, does anyone here think we played our best game that night? But I’m not taking anything away from how they manhandled us, and the things they DID do to beat us.

The little man syndrome in this place is exhausting. Everything is perceived as a slight. Everyone is out to get us ( refs / announcers/ media/ opposing fans/ hell, our own fans ) or not give us our due. It’s gotta be tough living with that level of paranoia.
agreed. We played poorly and missed open shots at Xavier and PC. They didn’t deserve to win

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
That never matters, if they are told they will be picked, they will go.
That's not true. Guaranteed money in the first round is way different than non guaranteed money in the second. Also, contracts near the end of the first round are way less valuable than the lottery.

They don't have to look far to see the downsides of leaving early with Bouk. Yes he'll make life changing money but the chances that he'll get a second contract in the league are quickly diminishing, capping his future earnings. (And yes I get that he may not have matured with another year in college).

Reaction Score
Bouknight made 4 million last year, is making 4.3 million this year, and already signed a 4.5 million extension next year. Whether he gets a 2nd NBA contract or goes overseas, he’s set for life if he’s moderately responsible with his money (which I know isn’t his strong suit). Leaving was the right decision. You don’t come back to college when you’re a lottery pick after 2 years.

That said, nobody on this roster will be drafted as high as Bouknight. If Hawkins gets first round interest, he should go. The rest will likely be back next year at this point

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Do you include or exclude yourself? :cool:

Reaction Score
That never matters, if they are told they will be picked, they will go.
AJ shot is not as big a concern as most think , he is a lead guard at the next level and has to show those skills. Working on his BB IQ on the offensive end is his ticket to making serious money .He is raw and inexperienced but he has the tools.
Hawkins is a great pure shooter but his worth at the next level is somewhat dependent on who he is playing with .
Sanogo needs to show a 15 ft face up game and a drive to the hoop when available.
Clingan has to build muscle without sacrificing speed. The strength of NBA bigs is amazing.
Those are the only four right now with the best chance.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Coming into the game Scheierman was .388 percentage 3 point shooter. His 1-7 performance knocked him down to .371 percent. He was 3-3 on his two point shots however.

Outside shooters not name Clay Thompson or Seth Curry are separated from these two because they are inconsistent. Scheierman not only missed wide open shots but he had other open looks he did not take. So he was certainly off his outside game/ not confident in his 3 point shot. What contributed to it is anybodies guess. It could have been the hostile environment, Andre's disruption taking him out of his rhythm, Kalkbrenner's struggling causing increased pressure on his performance, the knowledge that scouts were in attendance, the importance of this game or even a non basketball related thing weighing on his mind.

But if I was an opposing player that believed Andre would be guarding me I'd pack an extra underwear or two.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he will make those next time. Overall I thought we played OK but Creighton played really poorly. I’m certain we will get a better effort from them next go around.
That game wasn’t about effort for them… they beat us up pretty good on the boards. Our defense can be stifling and we can make more shots too. Expect another a battle in Omaha

Reaction Score
I get that their dream is the league, but both could benefit their game by another year in college. Hawkins needs to be stronger and AJ needs a better shot.
Hawkins, yes. He should come back and show he can be a focal point and have a more diverse game including getting to the rim. Guys like him are pretty common.

Jackson, I'm not sure what else he has to prove. He is who is he. NBA GMs will either convince themselves they can develop a shot and a willingness and ability to attack and finish at the rim, or they'll decide they're OK with a more athletic but otherwise poor man's Ben Simmons, or they won't. He may choose to come back, he seems like he enjoys the college experience, and NIL is a factor, but it won't be because he needs it basketball-wise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom