Jackson should come off the bench.....or sit; and other observations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jackson should come off the bench.....or sit; and other observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish Jackson had some post moves when they bring Sanogo up to the three point line…dump it in to him and a quick one or two step move from Jackson would yield a lot of fouls from other teams based on his athleticism and explosiveness right around the rim
Jackson is a good foul shooter but of course he has to get to the rim for those rewards. Pass first won't cut it much.

Reaction Score
Im not surprised you got one like for this dumb post. Sitting out best rebounder and assist leader who can also bring the ball off court is just ridiculous. I do agree with your defensive idea to limit so many right side drives. Last game was a complete layup line in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Then you have Sanogo guarding a 4 on defense. I just don't think it works. A guy like Whaley was able to match up well against talented 4's because he was a very good athlete, and a tremendous defender in general. Sanogo is neither of those things
Ok fine then put Clingan on the bench and let Sanogo get out rebounded under his own basket, or foul someone, or tap dance under his own basket, and let the team P away a 12 point lead. You and Hurley think alike. Let Sanogo guard a 4, he would do ok, as long as Clingan is guarding the basket.

Reaction Score
Other observations here... How many times a game do D1 basketball players step out of bounds? UConn must be leading in that category.
Turnovers UConn 18 SH 9.
Fouls at a home court UConn 21 SH 15 not the norm in college ball.
Steals UConn 4 SH 8, this due to sloppy ball handling and poor passes.
Blocks SH 6 UConn 2.

Yes UConn did lead in assists and rebounds but meaningless to the final score. If Dan is to be the Messiah now is the time to prove it as this team can not be more disjointed.
Again just an observation on Dan, he deserves time but I do wonder where JC would be with this team. The Adama Ickey Shuffle is not the answer under the hoop. Love Andre but his time in the gym should be working on ball handling, shooting, he has the other parts down.

Reaction Score
Hurey should not be locked in or wedded to one lineup, and in fact these players should not feel like they dont have to earn their court time. Even Sanogo. I think they got a little too comfortable reading their own press clippings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom