Jackson should come off the bench.....or sit; and other observations | The Boneyard

Jackson should come off the bench.....or sit; and other observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple of Observations;

1) Jackson is a great athlete, but he takes all the guards and Sanogo out of their natural rhythms. We're a team; not a highlight reel.
2) Let Newton, Calcaterra, and Diarra reestablish their games
3) Somebody tell Diarra to pass the ball to Joey C. He alway goes to the opposite side of the key
4) Lets guard the right side of the key. Almost all of opponents drives come down the right side. Yes, most opponents guards are right handed, but that's the point.

I know this won't go down easy.

Reaction Score
Jackson spends a lot of time 30 feet from the basket. He can't dunk or rebound from there.

Reaction Score
Jackson spends a lot of time 30 feet from the basket. He can't dunk or rebound from there.
I wanna see a play where Sanogo and 3 guards are out on the perimeter, and Jackson is down low. Feed him the ball and see if he has any post moves. He's so fast and explosive that he should be able to get an easy bucket. And if the opposing center comes to help, give it to Sanogo for an open 3.

Reaction Score
We've played our best basketball with Andre coming off the bench (see PK85).

Not saying he's not an important piece, but it may be something to explore again - might give us another burst of energy coming off bench.

Hurley won't do it though. Too stubborn and in love with his guys to hurt feelings.

Reaction Score
2973CCC2-EBC1-4339-B354-4B0F61380741.jpeg

Reaction Score
We've played our best basketball with Andre coming off the bench (see PK85).

Not saying he's not an important piece, but it may be something to explore again - might give us another burst of energy coming off bench.

Hurley won't do it though. Too stubborn and in love with his guys to hurt feelings.
The start of the game is not the issue with this team...

Reaction Score
I wish Jackson had some post moves when they bring Sanogo up to the three point line…dump it in to him and a quick one or two step move from Jackson would yield a lot of fouls from other teams based on his athleticism and explosiveness right around the rim

Reaction Score
I think this Jackson at PG nonsense has to end. He can't shoot. Let him play the 4, go small, surround him and DC with shooters and see what happens. He's got the size and athleticism to stay with forwards, and he'd be better offensively if he simplified everything and just played from the foul line extended and in.

Reaction Score
the fact that people keep clamoring for 3 or 4 of our starters to be benched is not great. at this point the only guy without threads devoted to his benching is hawkins.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I agree with this. We need Ajax close to the hoop as much as possible so he can block, dunk, and rebound. If he catches the ball in transition, fine...but let's keep him near the basket where his athleticism can really shine.

Reaction Score
Jackson coming off the bench had nothing to do with our early success. He made us better when he returned to full time duty. I like the idea though to open it up down low with Jackson in the post were he can use both his athleticism and passing skills. It is usually packed in down low negating his ability to use his athleticism.

Reaction Score
Hes struggling this year for sure. His points, rebounds, shooting percentage, FT and 3P shooting are all down from last year. His assists are up 1.5 tho. Still a lot of games to play but I expected his numbers to be up across the board except maybe 3P shooting.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy if we didn't start a game with two guards that seem totally reluctant to shoot. Newton and Jackson take so few shots that teams sag off them and double Sanogo. That is another problem that hopefully someday will be fixed, Sanogo just doesn't know he is being doubled and forces bad shots rather than kick it out.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy if we didn't start a game with two guards that seem totally reluctant to shoot. Newton and Jackson take so few shots that teams sag off them and double Sanogo. That is another problem that hopefully someday will be fixed, Sanogo just doesn't know he is being doubled and forces bad shots rather than kick it out.
All he has to do is look and see if the double is coming. If his forward and peripheral vision is working, he should be able to identify the double and then pass out of it.

This assumes a man is free to catch the pass, which should be the case since the man doubling him, has left his man.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Jackson has a great ability to see the floor and is a great ball handler and passer when in control. I think what Jackson needs to do is control the tempo and stop trying to push the ball all the time. There is a time to play uptempo but it’s not every possession.

Reaction Score
I wanna see a play where Sanogo and 3 guards are out on the perimeter, and Jackson is down low. Feed him the ball and see if he has any post moves. He's so fast and explosive that he should be able to get an easy bucket. And if the opposing center comes to help, give it to Sanogo for an open 3.
You might want to try the same thing with Clingan instead of Jackson.

Reaction Score
The main issue with this team is 2nd half defense. Our perimeter D, including Dre's, absolutely blows. We can't stop quick guards or forwards, then we pucker up on offense as the game gets tight.
It's a team of frontrunners that hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet. I think they will.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Jackson has a great ability to see the floor and is a great ball handler and passer when in control. I think what Jackson needs to do is control the tempo and stop trying to push the ball all the time. There is a time to play uptempo but it’s not every possession.

I don’t like Andre’s high dribble. It’s one thing when he’s on the run during a fast break. But trying to bring the ball up against man pressure or traps would lead to steals & turnovers IMO.

Reaction Score
You might want to try the same thing with Clingan instead of Jackson.
Then you have Sanogo guarding a 4 on defense. I just don't think it works. A guy like Whaley was able to match up well against talented 4's because he was a very good athlete, and a tremendous defender in general. Sanogo is neither of those things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom