Jackson and Vital | The Boneyard

Jackson and Vital

H

huskymagic

Lol good one. They hit shots in garbage time which the entire second half was. They were recruited to be shooters. More concerning is how scared and tentative everyone was playing other than Rodney. No one had any confidence to dribble and make a play. I have never seen UCONN team so unconfident and scared. We are in trouble if we don't get Hamidou

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Both hit shots in the second half. That's about the only positive to draw from this game, but hope these boys keep it coming!
Certainly is a positive for Jackson. Usually airballs. Lost the handle a couple of times today. However, again, freshman being thrown to the wolves. Watch out next year.

Reaction Score
This season is lost. Hamidou means nothing, as he will probably be a one-and-done player...as such, I wouldn't extend him the offer. The Huskies need players that will stay around for 3-4 seasons...team chemistry is important (see 2014 Champions).

Reaction Score
Lol good one. They hit shots in garbage time which the entire second half was. They were recruited to be shooters. More concerning is how scared and tentative everyone was playing other than Rodney. No one had any confidence to dribble and make a play. I have never seen UCONN team so unconfident and scared. We are in trouble if we don't get Hamidou
What I saw was Jackson driving and finishing a layup then continuing to hit 3-5 3s following that. I'd chalk that up as progress in a win so I'm not going to differentiate.

Not saying the game was encouraging, but for freshman to hit shots, even in garbage time, can be helpful because they rely on confidence.

Reaction Score
What I saw was Jackson driving and finishing a layup then continuing to hit 3-5 3s following that. I'd chalk that up as progress in a win so I'm not going to differentiate.

Not saying the game was encouraging, but for freshman to hit shots, even in garbage time, can be helpful because they rely on confidence.

Really this is the only way to look at it, what else is there? I mean when Jalen is playing they will throw the occasional good game up there but for the most part they will struggle. Without him I am not sure what people expect, no true PG playing people who never played the game have no idea how that impacts an offense, no clue.

I feel awful but I was at ChiSams in Cromwell and told my guys with me that they would get 14 pts in the first half prior to the tip. I was wrong :confused:

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The first half was tough to watch. I dont remember ever thinking of leaving at halftime. We stayed and it was good to see them put in a better performance. Playing with the same 2 guards and wing is tough. Baptism under fire and all that. This game was less disappointing than the turds we dropped early with a full squad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think that you are allowing your cynicism get in front of reality. The second half was not garbage time to them - it was an attempt to get back into a ball game. Scared and tentative ? put yourself in their shoes, their 3 best players are not available, playing a team of bigger, stronger and more experienced guys, and the weight of the UConn mens BB nation on their shoulders - a lot to ask of one kid never mind 3 or 4. Yeah Kensucky has the freshmen but they went into the season with a different mindset - knowing they were going to be the go to players. These UConn guys had no such visions and to get thrown into this is a lot to ask - mental condition is as important as physical in many cases. This situation we are now witnessing will go a long way in preparing these kids in the future.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think that you are allowing your cynicism get in front of reality. The second half was not garbage time to them - it was an attempt to get back into a ball game. Scared and tentative ? put yourself in their shoes, their 3 best players are not available, playing a team of bigger, stronger and more experienced guys, and the weight of the UConn mens BB nation on their shoulders - a lot to ask of one kid never mind 3 or 4. Yeah Kensucky has the freshmen but they went into the season with a different mindset - knowing they were going to be the go to players. These UConn guys had no such visions and to get thrown into this is a lot to ask - mental condition is as important as physical in many cases. This situation we are now witnessing will go a long way in preparing these kids in the future.
Ah...these guys are playing hoop, not landing at Omaha Beach. Who the hect doesn't want playing time no matter how bad you are?

Reaction Score
This season is lost. Hamidou means nothing, as he will probably be a one-and-done player...as such, I wouldn't extend him the offer. The Huskies need players that will stay around for 3-4 seasons...team chemistry is important (see 2014 Champions).

This year's buildup was with next year in mind. Next year was to be the key year. Now we have to hope Alterique and Larrier come back from injury ready to bring it.

The players that came in the last 2 years are very talented. Looking 4 years down the road?

Adams, Larrier, Alterique, Durham are more talented than that. Just have to hope the kids coming back from injury are healed and ready to go.

Reaction Score
What are you basing the Durham thing on? Just his ranking? He looks lost and awful.

This year's buildup was with next year in mind. Next year was to be the key year. Now we have to hope Alterique and Larrier come back from injury ready to bring it.

The players that came in the last 2 years are very talented. Looking 4 years down the road?

Adams, Larrier, Alterique, Durham are more talented than that. Just have to hope the kids coming back from injury are healed and ready to go.

Reaction Score
What are you basing the Durham thing on? Just his ranking? He looks lost and awful.

The fact that he has an excellent low post, midrange and outside game.

In other words, he can shoot. He can work in the low post too. He can do things all over the floor. Before his ACLs, he was ranked top 10 in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom