Jackie G goes down again[Merged Thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jackie G goes down again[Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Shame if serious! The ACLs for men BB vs women statistically is much more for women

2 to 8 times more likely than men.. Just did a huge research paper on it.. Women are just made up so differently than man, the load we put on our ACL's is 400% higher than mens

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything definitive on Jackie yet? I saw some tweets that implied it was quite serious, but no facts.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
2 to 8 times more likely than men.. Just did a huge research paper on it.. Women are just made up so differently than man, the load we put on our ACL's is 400% higher than mens
Nice to hear from you; sounds like you are pursuing that career. I told Amanda Kimball, the strength and conditioning coach,t hat she'd better watch her back, you are after her job.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What a horrible thing. All my prayers are with Jackie, she has such heart and love for the gme.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Nice to hear from you; sounds like you are pursuing that career. I told Amanda Kimball, the strength and conditioning coach,t hat she'd better watch her back, you are after her job.

Craziest thing about that, I've actually exchanged quite a few emails with her. One of my assignments last year was to do a Q&A with someone who was doing what I want to do and she was gracious enough to answer my questions.. pretty cool.. Kind of conflicted on what avenue I want to take, Rosemary may need to watch her back as well ;)

Reaction Score
This is very sad that Jackie is hurt, yet again. Her record of injury reminds me of Shea R. Very sad to see talented and dedicated players that are plagued with injury.

USC is my adopted team{but UCONN is my fav team}, since I re-located to Calif from CT. I was hoping that they would have a better year, with Jackie and Cassie Harberts (who was also heavily recruited by UConn - back in the line up after her injury last year) and the addition of two players from KML's MaterDei Team. If Jackie is out, this will make thing hard on the rest of the team. Of course next year they add Jordan Adams from MaterDei, a big plus.

Wishing Jackie all the best of luck for a speedy recovery.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Although there is nothing on the USC web site, a friend I spoke to who both Facebooks and Twitters with Jacki stated that Jacki posted that she did tear her left knee ACL..
I do not know what her plans are for the future.
I hope the strong will and determination she had to rehab the previous three tears(4 surgerys) helps her get through this tough time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Damn! Jacki's game was a cross between Jackie Stiles and Diana Taurasi. She could have been legendary. This sucks.

Hang in there! And call Shea Ralph. Coaching may be a good alternative for JG.

Reaction Score
Damn! Jacki's game was a cross between Jackie Stiles and Diana Taurasi. She could have been legendary. This sucks.

Hang in there! And call Shea Ralph. Coaching may be a good alternative for JG.
One would think so but even though she once said she would quit playing if it happened again she now vows to overcome her recent injury and play in the WNBA. Although it seems improbable something in my gut tells me that she will accomplish her goal. My gut is seldom wrong.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Hate to be a downer, but I don't know that a WNBA team will take a chance on someone who will have had five surgeries before she is 23. I agree with whoever said she should look to coach to stay involved...Shea is absolutely great and I'm sure has really helped Doty with what she's going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom