Jack is Back | The Boneyard

Jack is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2 years and Bridgeport will be putting out multiple BCS kids a year. If this state gave a crap they would send him to but for 2 years. Let him build the program and teach a younger coach. Then move him to norwalk for the same thing. Then stamford then danbury then Waterbury and so on...

Reaction Score
Good for Jack...I wish him well..it will be interesting to see what happens when he gets those kids to buy into his program and they compete with upper echelon of the FCIAC.

Reaction Score
2 years and Bridgeport will be putting out multiple BCS kids a year. If this state gave a crap they would send him to but for 2 years. Let him build the program and teach a younger coach. Then move him to norwalk for the same thing. Then stamford then danbury then Waterbury and so on...
My alma mater, Brien McMahon HS, could use him right now. We haven't done much since we won in '87

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

While putting him in Bridgeport will give him talent to develop, I'm not sure what the heck you mean.

The 'State' moves him around from school to school? What the hell is the 'State'.

He's unemployable in most towns - Bill Hollowaty is 5x the coach and got drummed out for way less.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
My alma mater, Brien McMahon HS, could use him right now. We haven't done much since we won in '87

I will not say much but what 2 years ago they hired younger Alberto correct? Local family with ties. Jack was in play for that but so e politics was in play.

While putting him in Bridgeport will give him talent to develop, I'm not sure what the heck you mean.

The 'State' moves him around from school to school? What the hell is the 'State'.

He's unemployable in most towns - Bill Hollowaty is 5x the coach and got drummed out for way less.

What I'm talking about is the state sports system is a mess and part of it was the small time attitude that led to jack getting hammered down upon. Some of that was deserved and some wasn't.

What can be said is that he has a brain here football wise that comparable to nj and southern states hs football. He gets it on another level. It's not just talent pool, he builds programs. The best thing that could happen in this state would be to let jack give back to hs football after years of grudge by helping build programs across the state one by one in a effort to change his identity to the game here and leave it in a positive spot. The effect could be massive for several city programs and also for uconn and umass. Once he started this the tree grows and the education and scheme level of every coach rises. The programs stand taller thru coaches and overall town feeders tow younger and now you have a major football base of competitive games and players across the state.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You act as though the state is an entity that can move Jack at will between schools.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I realize that and how's it's not a great setup. I saw the possibility when he did his program1 and team ct. My thought was more of him and the state making up if u will and them him becoming a liaison to programs helping them all build over time somehow. It's far fetched. Whatever. I just want great fball all over this state.

Reaction Score
HfD - how McMahon chose that kid over Cochran is beyond me. Terrible decision.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just want Jack to keep his kid @Storrs

Reaction Score
You are worried about Casey transferring?
Might be on his mind come fall. The new kids seem to have higher potential. Can't teach 6' 4", 6'-5". He's not Aaron Rodgers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Might be on his mind come fall. The new kids seem to have higher potential. Can't teach 6' 4", 6'-5". He's not Aaron Rodgers.

If he's not good enough to play why would anyone care if he transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom