Jack Eichel | The Boneyard

Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Keep an eye on #9 in red this afternoon...kid is a special player.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Stinger92860 said:
Cav thinks he is the first pick in the draft

1 or 2 for sure

Reaction Score
Jack Eichel's Magical Runs Continues
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...ues-boston-university-2015-nhl-draft-prospect

>>"It's my humble opinion that Jack Eichel, if he was old enough, would be playing in the National Hockey League. There were times tonight that he was pretty tough to stop. That's why people are talking about him potentially being the very first pick in the draft. He's a special player," commented Gendron (Red).

Thankfully for Boston University and college hockey fans, Eichel is too young to be in the NHL this year. He just turned 18 last month and will be a first time eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft.<<

Reaction Score
I watched him. He's not NHL-ready, a little too soft on the puck. But his speed and quickness suggest that will change very soon.

Reaction Score
I watched him. He's not NHL-ready, a little too soft on the puck. But his speed and quickness suggest that will change very soon.

The top draft pick plays in the NHL immediately, never mind a kid touted in a draft that's considered to have two jewels on top, along the lines of a Patrick Kane or Sidney Crosby. The 2 kids vying for that #1 spot are considered better players than the guys who went #1 in the last several years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He was the most talented player on the ice by a landslide. His vision and creativity set him apart from any other college player. I wrote in another thread that I think he has the chance to provide an immediate Phil Kessel like impact in his rookie season. That's the floor for him. Ceiling can be much higher. Definitely going to be a Top 3 pick and should not spend a second of playing time in the AHL.

Reaction Score
But he's so weak on the puck!

Really, we all thank our lucky stars every day that he chose to come to BU for a year. He's a generational talent. I'm not sure I'd go quite as far to say he's LeBron James playing in college, but it's not far off. He's by far the best player I've ever seen in college over the last decade.

Reaction Score
When you hockey novices are done fawning over a kid who just turned 18, realize he needs more strength to play in the NHL. Then re-read my statement when I said he will be ready for the NHL "very soon".

Reaction Score
“Let’s tell the truth: It’s my humble opinion that Jack Eichel, if were old enough, would be playing in the National Hockey League right now,” Maine coach Red Gendron said. “There were times in Orono [last weekend] and time’s tonight when he was pretty tough to stop, and that’s why people are talking about him potentially being the first or maybe the second player in the draft.”

Reaction Score
Connor MacDavid and Eichel are referred to by scouts (and I hear a lot of them talking weekly here in Buffalo on Sports Radio) as the type of #1 picks that only come along once every 6 or 7 years.

Now go back through college history and realize that generational players like that are even more rare in college than in the NHL.

All the top draft picks play in the NHL.

Reaction Score
For the record I know who Jack Eichel is and have for quite a while and have seen him play many times. I have also watched 18-year-olds like Hartford's own Chris Pronger get thrown in the NHL too early and struggle needlessly. Hopefully we see Jack return to the XL Center with the Terriers again, though I as well as anyone else know that may not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom