Jabari Smith! Jabari Smith! Jabari Smith! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jabari Smith! Jabari Smith! Jabari Smith!

Reaction Score
Jabari, Jabari, Jabari! Smith, Smith, Smith, Smith, Smith.

God, almighty, these ESPN fanbois are just tedious!
What an odd thing after this win to post, its pretty sad. Kid was awesome, they should rave about him, grow and pair and get over it and enjoy the awesome win.

Reaction Score
Weird that there's not a thread complaining about the announcers drooling over Hawkins in the 1st half. Gave him a (fairly terrible) nickname and everything

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The 2 commentators were awful. When not hyping up the Auburn players, they were questioning officials calls in Auburns favor. Which is ironic because all of the calls went Auburn's way down the stretch.

Also, every dead ball they kept showing Bruce Pearl. Dude got more face time than most b-list actors.

The whole broadcast was nauseating to watch. Glad we got the W.

Reaction Score
Glad to see this thread correct the original title and sentiment. Seemed like a really polished and next level player. Was a pleasure to watch....of course, better that he came out on the losing end.

Reaction Score
Weird that there's not a thread complaining about the announcers drooling over Hawkins in the 1st half. Gave him a (fairly terrible) nickname and everything
Nevermind, I spoke too soon

Reaction Score
That kid is nasty but I'm going to have nightmares about KD Johnson.
Honestly his motor impressed me more than anything else. His corner 3 was a rainbow over good defense, he mad a few circus layups, but he really did most of his damage just winning 50/50 ball and drawing fouls. I think this will be an outlier of a game for him, but he did a nice job filling in for Flanigan.

Reaction Score
I thought KD Johnson was their best player. Pitbull type guard who just made winning plays on offense and defense. Would love to have a player like that.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Jabari was great but the two lunkkheads calling the game were awful.
Karl Ravech and I had an overlapping circle of friends when i was in grad school. I think he lived in Avon or Farmington, and I used to hang out with him through no fault of my own. Was pretty much a self absorbed tool then. Mainly a baseball guy if I remember right, but maybe also hockey. I don't remember him knowing anything about UConn BB. He seems to have toned the attitude down a bunch since.

Reaction Score
Karl Ravech is a baseball guy on ESPN. Not a fan. Talk is he could be the new play by play guy for Sunday night baseball.

Jimmy Dikes has been a long time ESPN voice.. mostly the sec

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Smith is good - real good but Johnson is a STUD - he almost single handedly beat UConn
Smith looks nice but Sanogo and Polley were all around better but Johnson never stopped being good

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
turned the sound off in overtime as it was much more enjoyable to watch

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Karl Ravech and I had an overlapping circle of friends when i was in grad school. I think he lived in Avon or Farmington, and I used to hang out with him through no fault of my own. Was pretty much a self absorbed tool then. Mainly a baseball guy if I remember right, but maybe also hockey. I don't remember him knowing anything about UConn BB. He seems to have toned the attitude down a bunch since.
Can you confirm that that’s an area rug on the top of his head? It’s uncomfortable to look at

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Can you confirm that that’s an area rug on the top of his head? It’s uncomfortable to look at
it looked exactly the same in 1994. whatever that means.

Reaction Score
Smooth like lemon poppy salad dressing?
This had me rollllin. Dykes was like… literally wtf are you talking about man…

It was easy to tell Ravech was out of his element…wasn’t able to keep up with the BBIQ of Dykes and spent most time talking about the players themselves rather than the flow of the game. It’s almost like he was a “talking head.” Wonder if that’s a new concept for ESPN, lol.

Speaking of Jabari Smith…he is nasty, just a stone cold killa.
Dude oozes confidence, potential, and athleticism. Reminds me of a less polished Jayson Tatum. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him cutting down the NBA nets within 5 years or so.

And that kid KD Johnson. I want one.

Reaction Score
Don’t want to play that team again.
You said it. Once they get Flanigan back and have another quality scoring option, they could beat anyone in the country. Bruce Pearl really does know how to defend inbounds passes, that pressure was relentless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom