Jabari Parker Official List | The Boneyard

Jabari Parker Official List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently releasing full official top-5 list this week. With three upcoming visits already scheduled (Duke, Florida, Mich St), what does everyone think about our chances of landing one of the two remaining slots? Initial list released in July not including us was: BYU, DePaul, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Stanford. Georgetown and Kentucky were the only schools that didn't make in-home visits so I'll assume they're chances are lower than ours.

Reaction Score
I think we beat out Stanford and DePaul, Kentucky and Gtown are out of the mix. I would say its down to UNC, Kansas and us for the last two spots but it really depends on whether or not he already has a clear favorite, because if he does I would expect BYU to be on the list, knowing he's not gonna end up there but would like to give them some good press bc of his religious affiliation. Which means the 3 schools i mentioned would be battling it out for 1 spot.

But in my opinion (which has no weight) uconn makes the cut and even if Jabari has a favorite already, Ollie would prob do the best as coach to persuade him otherwise bc all the schools more or less offer him the same shot of getting to the nba, national press and good fan support/ academics when it comes to duke, uconn, mich state, and FL.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Apparently releasing full official top-5 list this week. With three upcoming visits already scheduled (Duke, Florida, Mich St), what does everyone think about our chances of landing one of the two remaining slots? Initial list released in July not including us was: BYU, DePaul, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Stanford. Georgetown and Kentucky were the only schools that didn't make in-home visits so I'll assume they're chances are lower than ours.

We were late, but hopefully could be in the mix with UNC and Stanford. Maybe Kansas. Be surprised if BYU or DePaul have any real chance. But who really knows? Fingers crossed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't really care about what anyone says, but I like our chances with Parker. A lot.

Reaction Score
We know he thinks highly enough of Uconn and Ollie to give us a chance. We also know that we have a lot of ground to make up and a lot of people have been speculating that Duke and MSU will be hard to beat.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I keep checking for the list but Rivals says it will be released in 20.

U

UCONNfan1

Well, bummer for UCONN, but at least Ollie had a shot. Maybe he was too late to the party. Of course, you can't put a price tag on hugs.

Reaction Score
What do those 5 programs have in common? They have all have a head coach under contract for 2013 and beyond. That's really not the point I intended to make. They have experienced coaches and most have had a lot of success.

I don't know if UConn would have had much of a chance to be the last one standing in this case, but maybe we would have made the finaly 5 team cut if Jabari and his family felt that KO would definately be UConn's HC if next fall.

We'll never know the impact of the 7 month contract, but as someone already pointed out, it certainly doesn't help when it comes to recruiting.

I know that some see the In-home visit as an accomplishment, but when it comes to recruiting you either land a recruit or you don't. Getting the in-home with one of the top recruits doesn't help KO secure that long term contract nor does it restock the team with the elite talent that our program needs to get back on track. Now that doesn't mean that KO won't land a different highly talented player or two, regardless of their ranking. Just as JC found many eventual future 1st round NBA picks who's rankings didn't dictate such, maybe KO will do likewise.

I am still hoping that he recruits a very good class and has an outstanding 2012/13 season making it an easy decision for Manuel extend KO's contract.

Reaction Score
Because our program was solidly established and we knew that JC could coach up lesser talent and find underrated gems, failing to land top recruits wasn't a big deal.

Now, we have no idea if KO is going to be able to turn a not-top-25 recruiting class into a top-10 team. And, furthermore, if we consistently fail to land top recruits, that signals to the media and to subsequent recruiting classes that we shouldn't be considered a destination for top talent.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to focus on Vonleh. Much more realistic and very comparable in terms of skill and upside.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Because our program was solidly established and we knew that JC could coach up lesser talent and find underrated gems, failing to land top recruits wasn't a big deal.

Now, we have no idea if KO is going to be able to turn a not-top-25 recruiting class into a top-10 team. And, furthermore, if we consistently fail to land top recruits, that signals to the media and to subsequent recruiting classes that we shouldn't be considered a destination for top talent.
True, because KO has consistently lost out on recruits for such a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom