Jabari Parker castigated over Duke decision | The Boneyard

Jabari Parker castigated over Duke decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/...evils-recruit-deals-twitter-backlash-decision

FWIW, I really don't care about Jabari Parker. It was clearly evident that UC had little or no chance in landing him. I had read some stories that he had "considered" UC, but that might have been him just blowing smoke. What I do find despicable is the tweets, and comments over his choice of Duke. OK, he picked Duke, lets move on. Those who sent the vile comments really have to get a life. It's becoming painfully clear that when one does not get their way, or the person they want to attend their favorite school, they resort to character assassination. From what I have read about Jarbari Parker, he comes from a fine home, has both parents at home, and is a religious individual. I do wonder if he will take the year off and do the Mormon missionary thing, as have other athletes have done. Good Luck to him.

Reaction Score
People are ridiculous....the kid picked Duke, good for him. It's obvious he's a good kid and had a tough time making this decision. Instant respect for him and his family when they dropped the Squid and his program from the race........

Reaction Score
dook has its advantages, especially if a kid wants a lot of TV time.

Some people take this Shot to seriously, its only for one year.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with Mau on this one. I hate that Duke gets so many top players and always wondered if K was totally above board but K ain't no squid and I applaud Parker for not choosing the dark side.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
People who attack athletes/celebrities on twitter are so pathetic. I wonder what brings someone to do that.

Reaction Score
Twitter is an open platform where trolls can have direct contact with their targets. It's great for the haters.

Reaction Score
Yea this is unfortunately going to be the new reality for the highly rated recruits. These kids have twitter accounts and that gives people the ability to send whatever they want to them at whatever time they want. They are only kids, but people send really stupid on twitter. I like the tactic that some athletes use in retweeting the really horrible/stupid ones. But then again some of them are so ignorant that they shouldn't see the light of day.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I read this as "Jabari Parker CASTRATED over duke decision"
I was like :eek: I knew people were hating but I didn't know they would go that far

Reaction Score
Everyone needs to relax. So he's gay- there is nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
I am squarely against heckling teenagers on the internet, but if people are going to do it, I'd like it to be because they decided to go to Duke.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/...evils-recruit-deals-twitter-backlash-decision

FWIW, I really don't care about Jabari Parker. It was clearly evident that UC had little or no chance in landing him. I had read some stories that he had "considered" UC, but that might have been him just blowing smoke. What I do find despicable is the tweets, and comments over his choice of Duke. OK, he picked Duke, lets move on. Those who sent the vile comments really have to get a life. It's becoming painfully clear that when one does not get their way, or the person they want to attend their favorite school, they resort to character assassination. From what I have read about Jarbari Parker, he comes from a fine home, has both parents at home, and is a religious individual. I do wonder if he will take the year off and do the Mormon missionary thing, as have other athletes have done. Good Luck to him.[/
quote]

That's so sad. People need to grow the up and get themselves a life.

On a side note, JP will be getting lots of manly hugs at Dook.
..........Oh, my bad. I thought you said castrated.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I wish there was some way to combat this kind of stuff easily. Unfortunately it's not easy, it's an uphill battle to change how people interact... it's so easy to tweet something heartless or much worse. Hope parents can raise their kids to be better than that.

Reaction Score
I read this as "Jabari Parker CASTRATED over duke decision"
I was like :eek: I knew people were hating but I didn't know they would go that far

Yo, some of you guys really should have the eyes checked out. LOL
btw have a great Christmas...................

Mike (CTFIRERETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01