OT: - Ja Morant, could be a special NBA player, perhaps even Superstar | The Boneyard

OT: Ja Morant, could be a special NBA player, perhaps even Superstar

Reaction Score
Love him. Was so disappointed when the Knicks ended up 3rd. I’m gonna get destroyed for this but I see some Jordan in him. Not saying he’ll be as good but I see a lot of the same qualities.

Reaction Score
Love him. Was so disappointed when the Knicks ended up 3rd. I’m gonna get destroyed for this but I see some Jordan in him. Not saying he’ll be as good but I see a lot of the same qualities.

I agree and have thought the same thing. I definitely see some Jordan in him. Can shoot the 3, but doesn't live by it. Explosive first step. Has that same flair. Seems to have a killer instinct in him (for now, from what I've seen on a limited basis). I think he'll prove better over his career than Zion.

Reaction Score
His court vision is wild. Fun player to watch. His tourney game vs Marquette was so ridiculously dominant. I was praying MEM would fall in love with RJ Barrett so Morant would slide to the Knicks.

It's also crazy that he's shooting .494 from the floor as a rookie PG. Rookie guards don't shoot that well. Going back over the last decade or so, PGs taken in the top lottery almost all shot below .430 in their rookie season save for Kyrie and Dame, both of whom shot well below Morant's current clip.

Reaction Score
Yeah I love him. Supreme talent and seems to just have a different attitude from many of the less successful young talents out there. Driven, poised, hard-working, and he doesn't seem as concerned with fame and celebrity.

Memphis is in the playoffs right now. That is unbelievable, given where they were last year and earlier this year. A lot to be excited about. JJJ and Clarke are great too.

Reaction Score
Huge Scorer in college last year. Not sure of his ceiling but are you impressed?

He doesn't really have a ceiling. His vision and body control/finishing ability are basically otherworldly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, the hot take is the #2 draft pick is really good and has a high ceiling? Put me in that group too.

Reaction Score
When I saw him live last year I thought he was the best college guard I had ever seen in person. I haven't caught much of him in the League yet, but want to make a point of it.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
When I saw him live last year I thought he was the best college guard I had ever seen in person. I haven't caught much of him in the League yet, but want to make a point of it.

This. Watching him in person, especially in the relatively small gym at Murray St., so you could really see his skills and demeanor up close was incredible. He should only get better and better, especially with a team where expectations aren't insane like they would be in a major media market.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I absolutely facepalmed when I saw the lottery was going to be NO and Memphis. Two potential transcendent superstars and those two sh#@ franchises go 1,2 with the knicks of course on the outside llooking in yet again.

Reaction Score
I absolutely facepalmed when I saw the lottery was going to be NO and Memphis. Two potential transcendent superstars and those two sh#@ franchises go 1,2 with the knicks of course on the outside llooking in yet again.
And I knew the dropoff would be enormous, Barrett kind of sucks.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is the Rookie of the year right now and his ceiling is oh so high.

When he was in the NCAA tournament the security person was a good friend of our family and he could have gone to the NBA with him as he was asked but wanted to stay at Murray St.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis goes into this season planning to tank and is the 8th seed at the halfway point. Nice work by that GM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom