Izzo on Mike and Mike | The Boneyard

Izzo on Mike and Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
"We underestimated Nolan and Brimah."

He didn't actually say that but he might as well have. Said our front court was very physical.

Gave props to Ollie and said our pressure kept them from starting their offense.

Didn't get down on his guys at all. If Payne had been our guy the boneyard would have a pop up of which brand of tissue paper he is most like.

Reaction Score
Any player that plays for Izzo is guaranteed to have a long season if they stay for four years. Many people were on him for some statements he made immediately following a heartbreaking game. Sometimes its good to give losing coaches/players a little latitude when interviewed immediately after an emotional game.

Reaction Score
"we lost the game more than I felt they won it"

"I would've rather had lost to Virginia because we played better in that game"

just some of the things said on Dan Lebat**d's show right now, and Lebat**d is saying you do realize you're saying everything you can say to insult UConn right now, right?

Reaction Score
I have a lot of respect for Izzo, and if he feels that way, that's fine. He should probably consider the fact that these two teams, composed of primarily the same players, played last year, and THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED.

Reaction Score
He kept saying over and over that "i'm not trying to take anything away from UConn.." and then Lebat**rd jumped in and said that's exactly what you're doing, lol.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He kept saying over and over that "i'm not trying to take anything away from UConn.." and then Lebat**rd jumped in and said that's exactly what you're doing, lol.

And when he tried to say something good, all he could come up with was UConn's foul shooting. Adding that they only had 8 attempts. That's class? I love it though. I'm glad it made a mark.

Reaction Score
Did he also say that Kevin Ollie destroyed him coaching wise in their only two meetings? Izzo's coaching is overrated, now it's starting to look like his whole "class act" image is also overrated.

Reaction Score
Boeheim and Izzo during that interview seemed to have UConn envy. They down played the job Ollie has done. Boeheim talked about how UConn had the huge home court advantage and then said Syracuse had the home court advantage in Buffalo and couldn't take advantage of it. Sour grapes.

-UConn has done more with less and Syracuse has done less with more since 2011. Coaching has to play a part in that, no matter what excuse Boeheim makes.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What he should be saying is "that defense was the best defense we faced all year. We couldn't get an entry pass in to our bigs our 6'10 250 pound center was relegated to hucking up long range threes the whole game. Our guards were anxious they couldnt handle their half court pressure defense. We were blind sided by their activity and physicality."

Reaction Score
And when he tried to say something good, all he could come up with was UConn's foul shooting. Adding that they only had 8 attempts. That's class? I love it though. I'm glad it made a mark.

yea I honestly had no opinion of him one way or the other but after that spot him. dude was talking about out of body experiences, an out of body experience is senior year version Giffey missing wide open 3 after wide open 3, not your guys crumbling under defensive pressure.

Reaction Score
yea I honestly had no opinion of him one way or the other but after that spot him. dude was talking about out of body experiences, an out of body experience is senior year version Giffey missing wide open 3 after wide open 3, not your guys crumbling under defensive pressure.
UConn shot like 37% and 5-22 on three's, we make shots we normally make and it's a total blowout. Izzo can go F himself.

Reaction Score
I get why people think he's dissing UConn, but I think it's possible to regret the way your team played while also acknowledging UConn had a lot to do with it. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and that's what he's trying to say, IMO.

Reactions: pj

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boeheim and Izzo during that interview seemed to have UConn envy. They down played the job Ollie has done. Boeheim talked about how UConn had the huge home court advantage and then said Syracuse had the home court advantage in Buffalo and couldn't take advantage of it. Sour grapes.

-UConn has done more with less and Syracuse has done less with more since 2011. Coaching has to play a part in that, no matter what excuse Boeheim makes.
Wait, Boeheim admitted that MSG is our home court while his home away from home is Buffalo. Suh-weet! We all knew that was true but it's kind of cool that he took his finger out of his nose long enough to admit it.

Reaction Score
"We underestimated Nolan and Brimah."

He didn't actually say that but he might as well have. Said our front court was very physical.

Gave props to Ollie and said our pressure kept them from starting their offense.

Didn't get down on his guys at all. If Payne had been our guy the boneyard would have a pop up of which brand of tissue paper he is most like.

You really can't compare the response of a Great Eight coach with that of the lowest of forum posters. Can you?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I feel I like every game in this tournament I say to myself "self, we will win this game and then people will have to start taking us seriously and give us the props we deserve!"
It's excuse after excuse!

I guess The only f#cking way is to win the whole damn thing!!

Reaction Score
Wait, Boeheim admitted that MSG is our home court while his home away from home is Buffalo. Suh-weet! We all knew that was true but it's kind of cool that he took his finger out of his nose long enough to admit it.

Good catch. That might be the quote of the decade. So JB does know who NYC's real college team is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it is very funny when boneyarders keep saying izz is class; as I said before izzski is a punk; he would love nothing more than to locate a UCONN grave and when he was sure nobody is looking, stomp on the grave for at least 1 week; remember in '99 after title game coach k (k=whiff) could not even bring himself to say the name UCONN; very funny

Reaction Score
That didn't work in 2011. Almost all the major commentators said the final was awful; only one wrote about how well UConn played defense.
If we win this time; it will almost certainly be another situation where the losing team just didn't play its game. UConn has been the anti-expert pick this season. We just seem to catch all these teams on bad days.

Reaction Score
it is very funny when boneyarders keep saying izz is class; as I said before izzski is a punk; he would love nothing more than to locate a UCONN grave and when he was sure nobody is looking, stomp on the grave for at least 1 week; remember in '99 after title game coach k (k=whiff) could not even bring himself to say the name UCONN; very funny

After the title game in '99 K said something along the lines of "they have big-time players who made a lot of big-time plays."

Reaction Score
I have to say, at the JC tribute dinner there was a video congratulation from Coach K. Said some really nice things about him and called him his buddy many times. I had never seen him so gracious. Does anyone have those videos? There was also one from Izzo, Boeheim, and Roy Williams.

Reaction Score
"We just seem to catch all these teams on bad days."

Great line. I just hope that Florida also doesn't feel that they have to account for our swarming defense and just tries to "play their game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom