Ivy League | The Boneyard

Ivy League

Reaction Score
Well, here we go. Ivy League cancels hoop season.

Now what?

Reaction Score
God it would suck to be a college student right now.
My sister started college this year, I feel bad. She got a week on campus before they closed for the fall semester and now are likely going to have less than 1000 kids on campus for the spring so she'll be home again

Reaction Score
God it would suck to be a college student right now.
Yup it does. Both my kids started the year with all kinds of on-campus restrictions and hybrid classes. Both school have gone to strictly online classes and with more social restrictions than you can imagine. They are ready to come home because they said college life stinks right now. In less than 2 weeks they will be home for at least 2 months.

And don't remind me how much I'm paying for all this. They said the online classes are boring and they're not getting as much out of them. The professors have started to let up because they can feel how unhappy and stressed all the students are. Makes me rethink whether it was worth sending them for the year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What do you mean, now what? They won't play basketball just like they aren't playing football and every other sport.
And many other major conferences followed suit when they first canceled fall sports. That’s the “now what”.

Reaction Score
I do not believe the Patriot League is playing football.
Forgot about them, all the Bowl Subdivision leagues are playing and all the major bball leagues will be playing.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Ivy League hasn't missed yet on doing the right thing through the pandemic
More like Ivy League doesn’t want to shell out the cash to keep up to date with COVID protocols.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Ivy League hasn't missed yet on doing the right thing through the pandemic
yeah sure
them ivy folks there are sure damn smart :rolleyes:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
They didn't have students on campus anyways. If college football can go on with teams having 120+ people on each sideline, then we can have 20 people on each bench. We're playing a season
You’re right the football season is going great. Let me just double check how many games are canceled this weeke-..oh, oh no.

Reaction Score
Nothing surprises me in 2020. Hopefully we get some kind of season, lets not panic and wait to see what happens.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The organizations that are putting in the work and taking the risks should be lauded for doing so - and shutting down when the situation warrants.

It is more important to try and fail (if you want to view it that way). Giving up should not be celebrated.

If the NFL had to shut down after week 13 and have 8 teams do a playoff bubble in January - I would call this a success. I can not imagine someone thinks that society would be better off with any league shut down for the year. The lose of opportunity for personal development, win or lose, is what is important (not entertainment - which is a bonus).

Reaction Score
If everyone else plays, this ends Yale as the strong mid-major it has become. I hope James Jones gets the major job he deserves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom