I've seen enough from Cole... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I've seen enough from Cole...

Reaction Score
And that's a dilemma. 4 assists.

I don't know how many assists he would have had tonight had his teammates converted every pass.

Not a knock against Cole but he has to take over because he doesn't elevate his teammates. He has to pull them across finish line vice pushing or guiding. Which, by the way, getting them across finish line is preferable to losing.
So far this season it's apparent Cole has to lead from the front scoring, and I don think that gets UConn as far as many of us hope this season. Unfortunately it is as far as UConn will go this season since no one else on the team can elevate their teammates.
How many assists do you think Cole should be getting then? When I said he'd average 4.5 you told me I was too high so 4 seems pretty good by that logic

Reaction Score
Cole is the man —-dude is a straight scorer- the way he uses his body to maneuver is impressive too and To think a year ago people were actually having a conversation of who’s better Gaffney or him. Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think that means what you think it means. He averages more rebounds than points.

That's not hero ball.
He looks like he wants to drive everytime he gets his hands on the ball no matter where, but he doesn't have the handle to do it. At least he has the good sense to control his enthusiasm.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Send Andre to the bench. I felt like he had 15 turnovers and bad defensive lapses. His passing is lazy or careless. I don't care about official turnovers, but his passing has been bad. Luckily we recovered most of his boobles... He need to focus on slashing to the hoop for easy scores instead of force feeding passes that aren't there. Exploit what he does well. Make him watch Stanley Robinson videos...
Amen on the aggression peace. Sometimes I wonder why not just go down the lane and cram it on everyone. Why not?

Patience with Andre is necessary. It's clear he's working out his game before our very eyes. You look at Cole and you know what you have, his game is developed. Compare him to Dre and no slight on his hs/aau program but he came here as an athlete and is being refined into a ballplayer. It's hard to watch but we need Dre, a confident Dre to get into/out of the second round.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately you are right. This team will go as far as he can take the team.
If he was 2 inches taller he’d be AJ Price. Love him. Quieter toughness than bazz boat and Moore. Charismatic like Kemba and KEA. Has the same type career numbers as Chris Smith (Howard) for the most part. He’s kind of a UCONN pg salad.

Reaction Score
He's the best of what they have. I'm not implying they should be running anyone else. But man...He's a shooter, not a passer.

I can't tell if you're a troll or not. If you are, brilliant execution. If not, wow... you aren't so bright.

Reaction Score
He looks like he wants to drive everytime he gets his hands on the ball no matter where, but he doesn't have the handle to do it. At least he has the good sense to control his enthusiasm.
Again, this just isn't accurate. He's averaging less than 5 shots per game.

He's trying too hard to make plays. He's not playing "hero ball". He arguably has the best vision on the team. We know this due to his passes. He's not an "i'm gonna get mine" type of player at all.

Reaction Score
he’s solid, and he’s the best pg that we have right now. but if he is our “batman” we aren’t going very far.

Reaction Score
If he was 2 inches taller he’d be AJ Price. Love him. Quieter toughness than bazz boat and Moore. Charismatic like Kemba and KEA. Has the same type career numbers as Chris Smith (Howard) for the most part. He’s kind of a UCONN pg salad.
Sometimes I wonder why people get so irritated with our play. Then I realize people think RJ Cole is 2 inches away from being AJ Price. Yikes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom