I've seen enough from Cole... | The Boneyard

I've seen enough from Cole...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Give the guy the ball. He is our guy. How far we go this year rides on him.

He may not have the most NBA potential on the team. He may not be the most athletic on the team.

He was the guy who knocked down a lot of our big time shots against Auburn and MSU. He is the only guy who has showed up as a leader every game.

Cole needs to be batman. Hawkins can be robin. Just like Kemba and Lamb. Or Bazz and Boat.

This guy wants to lead this team and set the tone. I've seen enough. Let him do it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

He may not have the most NBA potential on the team. He may not be the most athletic on the team.

He was the guy who knocked down a lot of our big time shots against Auburn and MSU. He is the only guy who has showed up as a leader every game.

Cole needs to be batman. Hawkins can be robin. Just like Kemba and Lamb. Or Bazz and Boat.

This guy wants to lead this team and set the tone. I've seen enough. Let him do it.

Unfortunately you are right. This team will go as far as he can take the team.

Reaction Score

Who isn't letting him do it? Why are you just figuring this out? We've known all along Cole and Sanogo are the go to guys and Cole is the most important player.

Reaction Score
Send Andre to the bench. I felt like he had 15 turnovers and bad defensive lapses. His passing is lazy or careless. I don't care about official turnovers, but his passing has been bad. Luckily we recovered most of his boobles... He need to focus on slashing to the hoop for easy scores instead of force feeding passes that aren't there. Exploit what he does well. Make him watch Stanley Robinson videos...

Reaction Score
Send Andre to the bench. I felt like he had 15 turnovers and bad defensive lapses. His passing is lazy or careless. I don't care about official turnovers, but his passing has been bad. Luckily we recovered most of his boobles... He need to focus on slashing to the hoop for easy scores instead of force feeding passes that aren't there. Exploit what he does well. Make him watch Stanley Robinson videos...
Exactly I had mentioned he should model his game after Stanely Robinson. His handle and passing aren't that great that he should be showboating out there. He needs to work on his shot and handle so can start scoring. We need someone else to score when only Cole is there every game.

Reaction Score
Love AJax but I would like to see his plus/minus for tonight. He needs to get his act together. Hurley gives players way too much slack and they make dumb mistakes over and over. Cole is huge for us being reliable game in and game out.

Reaction Score
AJ needs to play but Cole has developed nicely.

Reaction Score
Who isn't letting him do it? Why are you just figuring this out? We've known all along Cole and Sanogo are the go to guys and Cole is the most important player.
Cole, I like him but he won’t take us very far. 1 NCAA win I would guess. I want an elite 8 appearance at a minimum. I think we can do it, but Cole won’t take us there, it will be a joint effort and a couple of guys need to join the party.

Reaction Score
AJ needs to play but Cole has developed nicely.
AJ drives me crazy good then bad all the time with him. My guess is he will be good ( not at shooting) but all around good. His problem is a lack of game action. He still needs to go through the fire. He’s still learning.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
AJax is an offense liability. I have been carrying the torch to bench him. After tonight, I am actually higher on him than I have been though. The boards, the passes, the energy...I'll take it for now and give him a pass.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You are right, he is second on the team
in FGA. But he needs to be the go to guy in crunch time. We need to put the ball in his hands more late in games.

He took only 3 shots in the final 10 minutes today.

He shot 50% today. We need to find him more shots in “close” (pains me this was considered close) games.

I don’t know if that’s his decision or hurley’s decision not to take over. But he needs to be the guy. Especially when we are struggling as a team offensively.

Edit: more context… Cole took 3 shots in the final 10 vs MSU and 2 shots in the final 10 of regulation vs VCU.

Reaction Score

Reminds me of Ricky Moore

Reaction Score
Cole's a 2nd PG in a 3G alignment. Dude is not a good PG.
Ok and who do you want playing PG? I hope not Gaffney as I thought Cole looked really good running the offense. The only thing I don't like from him is how he gets trapped against the out of bounds all the time. He needs to stay in the middle of the court more of the time.

Reaction Score
Ok and who do you want playing PG? I hope not Gaffney as I thought Cole looked really good running the offense. The only thing I don't like from him is how he gets trapped against the out of bounds all the time. He needs to stay in the middle of the court more of the time.

He's the best of what they have. I'm not implying they should be running anyone else. But man...He's a shooter, not a passer.

Reaction Score
He's the best of what they have. I'm not implying they should be running anyone else. But man...He's a shooter, not a passer.
He had 4 assists and 1 turnover. He is average over 2 to 1 Assist to Turnover ratio while also steadying the offense and scoring. Cole might be a shoot first PG but he is still a PG from what I have seen. Very comfortable making smart decisions with the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had 4 assists and 1 turnover. He is average over 2 to 1 Assist to Turnover ratio while also steadying the offense and scoring. Cole might be a shoot first PG but he is still a PG from what I have seen. Very comfortable making smart decisions with the ball.

And that's a dilemma. 4 assists.

I don't know how many assists he would have had tonight had his teammates converted every pass.

Not a knock against Cole but he has to take over because he doesn't elevate his teammates. He has to pull them across finish line vice pushing or guiding. Which, by the way, getting them across finish line is preferable to losing.
So far this season it's apparent Cole has to lead from the front scoring, and I don think that gets UConn as far as many of us hope this season. Unfortunately it is as far as UConn will go this season since no one else on the team can elevate their teammates.

Reaction Score

I don't know how many assists he would have had tonight had his teammates converted every pass.

Not a knock against Cole but he has to take over because he doesn't elevate his teammates. He has to pull them across finish line vice pushing or guiding. Which, by the way, getting them across finish line is preferable to losing.
So far this season it's apparent Cole has to lead from the front scoring, and I don think that gets UConn as far as many of us hope this season. Unfortunately it is as far as UConn will go this season since no one else on the team can elevate their teammates.

Thank you. There's no marshaling of the floor. When it goes haywire, the only pause is a stoppage of play.

Reaction Score

They've played 8 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom