I've reached my breaking point with Ollie | The Boneyard

I've reached my breaking point with Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the first time I can ever recall posting my extensive thoughts on a game before it was over, but I'm frustrated right now to an extent where I can't keep it bottled up any longer. This is coaching malpractice and the current product is p***ing on Calhoun's legacy. Let's start with the simple stuff.

- HOW MANY GAMES OF EVIDENCE DO WE NEED BEFORE WE STOP STARTING FACEY AND BRIMAH IN THE SAME FRONT COURT.

- FACEY SHOULD NEVER PLAY THE FOUR, EVER. And if he does, at least don't match him up with Brooks.

- Why doesn't Durham get more time? He's better than Facey and Enoch.

I know we have injuries. I know Ollie wanted to start a big lineup because we're incredibly thin in the backcourt. But we still have more than enough to win, and more than more than enough to play them competitively. The depth is not an excuse when I watched Syracuse go to the final four last year with basically six players.

Looks like they're playing better now, which was not unexpected when I started this thread. Same pattern for three years now. He has got to figure out how to manage games better.

Reaction Score
This is the first time I can ever recall posting my extensive thoughts on a game before it was over, but I'm frustrated right now to an extent where I can't keep it bottled up any longer. This is coaching malpractice and the current product is p***ing on Calhoun's legacy. Let's start with the simple stuff.

- HOW MANY GAMES OF EVIDENCE DO WE NEED BEFORE WE STOP STARTING FACEY AND BRIMAH IN THE SAME FRONT COURT.

- FACEY SHOULD NEVER PLAY THE FOUR, EVER. And if he does, at least don't match him up with Brooks.

- Why doesn't Durham get more time? He's better than Facey and Enoch.

I know we have injuries. I know Ollie wanted to start a big lineup because we're incredibly thin in the backcourt. But we still have more than enough to win, and more than more than enough to play them competitively. The depth is not an excuse when I watched Syracuse go to the final four last year with basically six players.

Looks like they're playing better now, which was not unexpected when I started this thread. Same pattern for three years now. He has got to figure out how to manage games better.

I agree with everything but Durham. I just don't think his knee can withstand the minutes yet

Reaction Score
Again, Enoch in the game at the five, Facey on the bench as we surrender four straight offensive rebounds. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I just want to wait and see what happens next year when we don't have Brimah and Purvis. Both guys just have so many faults as players and neither have good BBIQ or fundamentals, and I don't really trust either of their on court personalities.

Reaction Score
Lineup I want to see in the second half: Adams, Purvis, Jackson, Durham, Brimah. It'll ask a lot of Jackson defensively, but might as well throw him to the fire now because we're going to need both him and Durham.

Reaction Score
Lineup I want to see in the second half: Adams, Purvis, Jackson, Durham, Brimah. It'll ask a lot of Jackson defensively, but might as well throw him to the fire now because we're going to need both him and Durham.

We just can't have 2 of Steve, Amidah or Kentan on the floor. Missing AG and Larrier is killer for lineup flexibility but KO has to give them a chance.

Reaction Score
Lots of coaches play seven man rotations in college ball. We've got seven guys who can play. Use Jackson as a rover between the 3 and 4, Facey as the backup center, and Vital as the first guard off the bench.

We're undermanned but we're not Hickory High, this is a game we should win. Probably dug too big a hole at this point, but let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
We just can't have 2 of Steve, Amidah or Kentan on the floor. Missing AG and Larrier is killer for lineup flexibility but KO has to give them a chance.

Yup. Larrier going down sucks but I actually think Jackson fits better in this offense. He's shown way more in shot faking and putting it on the floor than I expected.

Reaction Score
Lots of coaches play seven man rotations in college ball. We've got seven guys who can play. Use Jackson as a rover between the 3 and 4, Facey as the backup center, and Vital as the first guard off the bench.

We're undermanned but we're not Hickory High, this is a game we should win. Probably dug too big a hole at this point, but let's see what happens.

I think we both realize this won't happen, which is unfortunate.

Reaction Score
Yup. Larrier going down sucks but I actually think Jackson fits better in this offense. He's shown way more in shot faking and putting it on the floor than I expected.

I agree with this. I like how Vance has fit in this offense a lot more than Terry. That said, it probably says something about the offense system given how talented Terry is.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely mind-bending that Ollie came back roaring with Facey at the four, but that's what happened and predictably it put us in another hole as the offense circled the drain.

Reaction Score
Can't believe he buttons the top button on his shirts. I hate that look.

I LOVE to button the top button my short sleeve shirt - It looks classy and neat. Conveys a message of seriousness.

I HATE the look of the unbuttoned top button. Its sloppy IMO.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely mind-bending that Ollie came back roaring with Facey at the four, but that's what happened and predictably it put us in another hole as the offense circled the drain.
You are missing the point the Durham is still getting his feet under him and isn't ready to play major minutes. Unfortunately we just don't have any other options with both Larrier and AG hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom