I've never seen this kind of disrepect | The Boneyard

I've never seen this kind of disrepect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If these idiots actually watched games they would see Louisville is the best team in the country right now and are ranked #5 and #4 in the power rankings and the committee makes them a 4 seed, UConn was ranked 21 they beat the #19 and #13 teams in the last few days and lose to #5 and now the NCAA is saying we are the 30th best team in the country, to add insult to injury SMU doesn't even make it. The AAC had 5 ranked teams the whole year and the NCAA's takes a huge dump on us. I'm so disgusted with everything about the corrupt NCAA.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. We just got completely boned....and the future ain't looking so bright right now

Reaction Score
If these idiots actually watched games they would see Louisville is the best team in the country right now and are ranked #5 and #4 in the power rankings and the committee makes them a 4 seed, UConn was ranked 21 they beat the #19 and #13 teams in the last few days and lose to #5 and now the NCAA is saying we are the 30th best team in the country, to add insult to injury SMU doesn't even make it. The AAC had 5 ranked teams the whole year and the NCAA's takes a huge dump on us. I'm so disgusted with everything about the corrupt NCAA.

Disrespect? If our friend UofMemphis is to be believed, this is actually a massive sign of respect. The conference is SO GOOD that they wanted to stack the deck against all of us, you know, just to give the other teams a chance.

Reaction Score
If Ollie and Napier can't get our boys playing with a chip on their shoulder after this it would have never happened for us anyways.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wichita is undefeated. Look at their draw. Once you've looked you've now seen something more disrespectful.

Reaction Score
They basically told Wich St. to duckk themselves with their draw. All huge teams they have to go through. I have to admit that this is the strangest seeding I can remember. They seemed to get most of the bubble people right (except for SMU) but 'Ville at a 4 is a disgrace, Kentucky at an 8 is insane, and us as a 7 makes little sense.

Reaction Score
That's because you've never seen UConn in the AAC before.

The committee was led by the Wake Forest AD - those seedings were another way to pee on the AAC.

Reaction Score

Slow down Super. How do you figure the NCAA is saying we are the 30th best team. 7 seed equals 25-28. I'd like to think they figure us as #25.

Reaction Score
We can look at our nominal seeding and get upset about being "disrespected" -- or we can look at the actual path forward to the 2nd weekend and realize we avoided some pretty bad match-ups. We just need to prove that Connecticut > Philly and we're through. St. Joe's and Villanova are both good teams, but they are absolutely both teams that UConn should beat if we play to our ability.

Reaction Score
I think we are more upset about the conference because it means that if we are on the bubble next year, we are getting screwed up the

Reaction Score
I think we are more upset about the conference because it means that if we are on the bubble next year, we are getting screwed up the

Look, we already knew that the AAC is a disaster. Tonight is just confirmation.

But what happened to SMU should not be overly concerning to us from a future bubble perspective. SMU's NON-conference SOS was 295. 295!!! That is comically, heroically bad. (Louisville's was 149, which didn't do them any favors.) That is not the way we are going to schedule. This just proves we need to play a tough non-conference schedule, and from everything Kevin Ollie and others have said, that is absolutely a priority for us.

Reaction Score
I know it wás real real early but we did beat Florida...woulda thought get some extra credit for that.

I thought a four or more realistically a five seed...thought Louisville a two and maybe a one.

That said like our draw...and the Midwest is brutal to go thru...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if I like or don't like Nova going out early. It gives them time to rest and practice. Just glad we had an early game yesterday before getting the heck out of Memphis. Teams playing today might regret it later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom