I've held my tongue long enough...forget Foxx, Boyle Time Mgmt, the most dispicable thing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I've held my tongue long enough...forget Foxx, Boyle Time Mgmt, the most dispicable thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every old person ever: "I find it unfathomable that kids these days listen to <some crap modern pop music> rather than the clearly awesome <crap classic music old people enjoy>."

I'm sure some day I'll completely miss the irony that I can't believe my kids don't like Nine Inch Nails and Tool.

Bad music is bad music no matter what the era. New Kids on the Block and NSync was garbage pop back then just as much as the crap you listen to is garbage now. If the music I enjoy shares a fanbase almost exclusively of teenage girls I would seriously question my interest in them. Chances are they're not on board for the talent involved.

Reaction Score
One of the proudest days of this Dad: My 16 yr old son and I playing a duet on guitar ... Iron Maiden's The Trooper! Don't think Maiden will ever make DJ Joey's songlist ... :(

Reaction Score
My 5 year old watches Later with Jools Holland on our DVR constantly and absolutely loves it. Just because they're a little kid doesnt mean you only have to expose them to poppy trash or kiddie music.

Reaction Score
More Disturbed. More Metal. Aren't we now, again, a gang of guys trying to punch them out and run over them. Let's play to that. Beiber? Don't think so.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I'm not even looking for "my" music to be played, just have some sense on what you play (POP, classic rock, or rap). For instance, Katy Perry's "Roar" is a better song to play than a bubblegum teen love song. Play some Pitbull or Ludacris, play Justin Timberlake, play Aerosmith or the Stones, just don't play Beiber, One Direction all that crap.

Reaction Score
I'm not even looking for "my" music to be played, just have some sense on what you play (POP, classic rock, or rap). For instance, Katy Perry's "Roar" is a better song to play than a bubblegum teen love song. Play some Pitbull or Ludacris, play Justin Timberlake, play Aerosmith or the Stones, just don't play Beiber, One Direction all that crap.
My kid LOVES One Direction.. .That I don't get... but I agree, that and Beiber should NOT be played.. Yes to everything else you mention..

Reaction Score
From the game Saturday, BY FAR, was when SNY came back from a commercial in the 3rd Quarter and i hear "Baby baby baby" by Justin Beiber blasting in the Rent. That is just pathetic. Get some damn brains management!:)

I really miss that "have to start place, have to start some time" Rage Against the Machine song. That ALWAYS got me going.

Reaction Score
I really miss that "have to start place, have to start some time" Rage Against the Machine song. That ALWAYS got me going.

Last week was the perfect time to break that out...

Reaction Score
Last week was the perfect time to break that out...

bottom line is that it's still a new program even after 10 years in, and we're still trying to "start" and now is still the "time". Should have NEVER done away with that song. And please UConn, do not EVER do away with "We Ready".

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Also, all the those cute little co-eds in UConn gear?

Wayyyyyy more likely to bounce around to Bieber. Food for thought.
bounce-uconn-bounce-2-20-13.gif

BTW... i can't stand bieber...

Reaction Score
At least MTV does not show videos anymore. I still have happy memories of watching Van Halen’s Poundcake video while doing homework in high school.

They watch them on YouTube.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Eh for Top 40 I'm more of a Miley/Kesha fan. It just speaks volumes to how little I think of Steely Dan that I prefer even Bieber to him.

It's cool that all you super old people are still into him, though, I guess.

Him? Steely Dan was a Band,not a person. And Ian Anderson is NOT Jethro Tull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom