I've done an analysis based on these first two games | The Boneyard

I've done an analysis based on these first two games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Since we have two games under our belts to review and since statistics don't lie, I've done a projection of the UCONN scoring for the games going forward.

scoring.JPG

This graph clearly illustrates that by Game 7, UCONN will only score about 5 points so the defense against Notre Dame needs to be superlative. What the data suggests beyond the Notre Dame game makes me shudder.
Hey, this is data based and therefore is beyond question.
I feel the results of this analysis is every bit as valid as many of the season projections I've read over the last two days.
Q.E.D.

Reaction Score
Since we have two games under our belts to review and since statistics don't lie, I've done a projection of the UCONN scoring for the games going forward.

I think what needs to be added to the analysis is the opponents scoring trend as well. In only a few more games, the opponent will be scoring over 200 points. Talk about a serious challenge. I'm thinking the coaching staff has their hands full trying to salvage the season.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Oh beautiful Swin, how I miss watching her :)

Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
Unless Swin Cash has some eligibility left, I don't see how they're going to hit negative scoring in game 8+.

Oh, I see what you did there!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Figgers don't lie. We are definitely doomed.

Reaction Score
GH

View attachment 7605

This graph clearly illustrates that by Game 7, UCONN will only score about 5 points so the defense against Notre Dame needs to be superlative. What the data suggests beyond the Notre Dame game makes me shudder.
I feel the results of this analysis is every bit as valid as many of the season projections I've read over the last two days.
Q.E.D.
Who are you sports science lol did you see the way ND played against MSU they don't look to good either

Reaction Score
Unless Swin Cash has some eligibility left, I don't see how they're going to hit negative scoring in game 8+.
I have to say I love that an indirect reference from 13+ years ago gets 6 likes and not a single 'huh?'. Well done folks! :)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

View attachment 7605

Q.E.D.
A 1970-ish slow down game? 8-6 in overtime?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

View attachment 7605

Q.E.D.
Well it seems like this science is the concensus of the Boneyard and thus any "Scoring drought doubters" ought to have their post summarily dismissed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As Twain (and/or Disraeli) said

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. :D

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Here is something else that Mark Twain said;

In the space of one hundred and seventy-six years the Lower Mississippi has shortened itself two hundred and forty-two miles. That is an average of a trifle over one mile and a third per year. Therefore, any calm person, who is not blind or idiotic, can see that in the Old Oölitic Silurian Period, just a million years ago next November, the Lower Mississippi River was upwards of one million three hundred thousand miles long, and stuck out over the Gulf of Mexico like a fishing rod. And by the same token any person can see that seven hundred and forty-two years from now the Lower Mississippi will be only a mile and three quarters long, and Cairo and New Orleans will have joined their streets together, and be plodding comfortably along under a single mayor and a mutual board of aldermen. There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.

Reaction Score
As Twain (and/or Disraeli) said

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. :D

Statistics are never wrong. They are only misinterpreted.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ol Sam said a lot of good stuff, some of which raise the suspicion that he had been somehow reading the Boneyard. ! e.g.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom