It's weird to see the Yard melting down... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's weird to see the Yard melting down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We actually don't have 6 days. We have a cross country flight and play Loyola Marymount in 2 days. For the first time since I've been a UConn fan I'm not overlooking any team on our schedule.
Was talking about Maui in particular, but I guess I did forget about Loyola.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what. I'm not upset. I'm not even frustrated. I'm completely satisfied with the run this program has enjoyed. 4 National Titles with a laundry list of conference titles, conference tourney moments, special players, memorable shots and a long time Hall of Fame coach? I'm not upset to see the foundation of that crumbling away. It was a great run.

Let's be honest about it. The conference is light years away from the old Big East. That's not getting better any time soon. The head coach just isn't Jim Calhoun. Maybe he could be someday. Again, not anytime soon for sure. The coaching staff isn't littered with former/future D1 head coaches. Blaney, Miller, Hobbs, Tom Moore, etc. This ain't the same UConn.

I actually agree with this, the first paragraph anyways. 2014 was the point for me when the glass ran completely full. I said at the time that, after watching that, I'd be willing to pay any pittance I had to for the next however many years.

I don't get nearly upset as I used to. Maybe that's because I've "matured" but I honestly think a big part of it is that I'm satisfied with what I've watched even if I never see it again.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I actually agree with this, the first paragraph anyways. 2014 was the point for me when the glass ran completely full. I said at the time that, after watching that, I'd be willing to pay any pittance I had to for the next however many years.

I don't get nearly upset as I used to. Maybe that's because I've "matured" but I honestly think a big part of it is that I'm satisfied with what I've watched even if I never see it again.

Exactly.

Same thing for any NY Giants fan- how could anything be as good as 2007 and 2011?

Reaction Score
Deepster you of all people...

Dare I say enjoy a mojo sandwich?

It's a blessing and a curse that I'm extremely black and white most times. The only thing going in our favor is Ollie's ability to somehow recruit this level of talent. A few more years of missing the tourney, not putting high 1st rounders in the draft, having a conference that sends 1-3 teams to the tourney and that ability is going to dry up quick. I really think it's going to get worse before it ever gets better again. And that's fine. How many programs ride a coach for the span we had with the success we had? 4? 5? Let's stop worrying if Ollie's facial expressions are impacting the offense, people.

Reaction Score

I am very upset and I am not satisfied watching the past without hoping to see it again.
I am a fighter and not ready to give up and I hope the team feels this way also. Come on Ollie get the team prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom