It's time | The Boneyard

It's time

Reaction Score
shut it down. Stop wasting money and resources on this dumpster fire. The football program is just a stain on the University's reputation at this point. We're not getting into a P5 conference. Shut down football, pay the $10mm exit fee and join the Big East.

Reaction Score
YES!!!!!!! We're starting these types of threads again!!! Can't wait to see how this goes....oh wait I have seen it. I believe it popped up 3 weeks ago.....
There's no pride in UConn football anymore. All it does is embarrass the UConn brand. Keeping the program at this point does more harm than good. We've got a new basketball coach, let's get him into a new conference and just start over.

Reaction Score
There's no pride in UConn football anymore. All it does is embarrass the UConn brand. Keeping the program at this point does more harm than good. We've got a new basketball coach, let's get him into a new conference and just start over.
Problem is the damage is long done. RIP UCONN.

Reaction Score
They will not shut it down. Randy Edsall needs to make decisions. Who he brought in for coordinators is embarrassing. All I can say Is get this losing out of your system now and come back strong.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A loss like this solicits many negative reactions. I get it. I'm the opposite. I want our UConn and it's G5 leading $72M athletic department budget to put money behind football. Benedict went cheap on the coach pool to continue paying Geno & bringing in Hurley. All good. But we went ridiculous cheap on football and the assistant coach pool and we are the unquestioned worst football program in the country. Put some goddam money behind this thing otherwise it's really tough to justify having the program exist. For crying out loud, SMU (S.M.U.) lured our OC away from us. You get what you pay for and we are (not) paying for this horrendous staff to lose to teams who used to be cupcakes on our schedule.

Reaction Score
For the coaching staff. Recruit better, recruit better, recruit better. There is no other way.
We need to recruit fbs players not fcs. I hate beating out teams like stony brook and unh

Reaction Score
A loss like this solicits many negative reactions. I get it. I'm the opposite. I want our UConn and it's G5 leading $72M athletic department budget to put money behind football. Benedict went cheap on the coach pool to continue paying Geno & bringing in Hurley. All good. But we went ridiculous cheap on football and the assistant coach pool and we are the unquestioned worst football program in the country. Put some goddam money behind this thing otherwise it's really tough to justify having the program exist. For crying out loud, SMU (S.M.U.) lured our OC away from us. You get what you pay for and we are (not) paying for this horrendous staff to lose to teams who used to be cupcakes on our schedule.
Uconn went cheap with Benedict too

Reaction Score
Cincy turned it around pretty quickly...seems like uconn is the only program that takes 12 years to turn it around
It’s beachside they actually spent there time to get good coaching staff. Edsall should of brought in a better coaching staff

Reaction Score
It’s beachside they actually spent there time to get good coaching staff. Edsall should of brought in a better coaching staff
Damn spell check beachside lol

Reaction Score
We don't have any money. The budget isn't due to matching revenue. Football costs the most and it's our worst program. Sports are supposed to act as an alumni connection to the University and as a national advertisement for the schools brand. When no alumni care and the product on the field is degrading the schools reputation, why bother keeping it around?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We will never be good at football. We don’t have the culture for it in the NorthEast. Shut it down, move on.

Reaction Score
For the coaching staff. Recruit better, recruit better, recruit better. There is no other way.
We can’t throw in the towel yet. If this continues into 2020 we have a problem. As far as recruiting goes, your have your two highest recruits in the class of 2018 sitting on the bench. Let’s hope they get into the next four games and see if they can help the team.

Reaction Score
We can’t throw in the towel yet. If this continues into 2020 we have a problem. As far as recruiting goes, your have your two highest recruits in the class of 2018 sitting on the bench. Let’s hope they get into the next four games and see if they can help the team.
I won’t throw in the towel yet either. Like Edsall said u better beat us now because down the line we will be hard to beat

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They will not shut it down. Randy Edsall needs to make decisions. Who he brought in for coordinators is embarrassing. All I can say Is get this losing out of your system now and come back strong.

Randy Edsall coaching like RE 1.0 is why we lost this game. Throw the damned ball! UMass did and they won because of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom