It's time ND in or out! | The Boneyard

It's time ND in or out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's time the BE gets some balls and tells ND all in or out. They will eventually end up in a conference so it's time to push them along. The BE has been a good home for them and their commitment to football would finally stabalize the conference once and for all. I think Cuse and Pitt would reconsider leaving if that were to happen.

If they decide to leave then so be it. It would finally set the overall college dominoes in motion and most likely result in the BCS landscape settling into some stability. The BE BB and FB schools would almost definitely split but the current situation is going to lead to that anyway. Why prolong the agony for all involved?

Reaction Score
The moment you start talking about "what if" ND joins the Big East in football, the post enters the realm of science fiction and stops being worth reading.

The only reason to give ND that ultimatum is because you want to kill the Big East. But if a majority of member institutions want to kill the Big East, they can do so without talking to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The moment you start talking about "what if" ND joins the Big East in football, the post enters the realm of science fiction and stops being worth reading.

The only reason to give ND that ultimatum is because you want to kill the Big East. But if a majority of member institutions want to kill the Big East, they can do so without talking to Notre Dame.
But it wouldn't give those members the satisfaction of a final to ND.

Reaction Score
But it wouldn't give those members the satisfaction of a final to ND.

This is a critical time for the future of UConn football and basketball. I have no energy for worrying about screwing schools I don't like. I can only focus on saving the one I care about.

If other people are different, so be it.

Reaction Score
It's no more science fiction than the BE reinventing itself as a viable BCS conference long term. So we increase the exit fees locking ourselves into a no win situation. I say force their hand. The landscape will be much more clear after that. If we are committed to football the BE as a solution is temporary at best.

Reaction Score

Why does an ultimatum to ND kill the Big East? Because it spurs B10 or ACC expansion? I presume that's what you mean. If so, that can obviously help or hurt our cause but it would let us know where we really stand.

Reaction Score
Not going to happen. ND agreement with the BE was for all sports except FB. They have been a good partner and been excellent is many of these sports. Why should they be kicked out of the BE when they have done exactly what was expected of them. I'm not a big ND fan but why criticize them when they have done nothing wrong.

Reaction Score
1. Notre Dame gets pushed out.

2. Notre Dame takes ACC's reported offer to join in everything but football and schedule more ACC teams in football.

3. ACC takes UConn too.

4. Big East Catholic schools say no football expansion, we don't need the rest of you and LV, WVU, et al leave.

I did not say this was a good or bad thing. Just that if the member institutions want to kill the Big East by preventing football expansion, they don't need to push ND out to do so. And, if the Catholics are having there own basketball league, why kick ND out instead of doing it with them.

Reaction Score
It's not a criticism of ND the circumstances that existed when ND joined the conference no longer exist. There are a lot of schools, not just Uconn, that have uncertain futures partly because the world waits for ND to decide which conference they will eventually be in. The BE does not need more basketball only schools especially one that plays big time football. At this point football drives the bus. Like Hoophound said forcing them to act may help or it may hurt but it will certainly let a whole bunch of schools, Uconn included, know where they stand.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
As part of this new arrangement (if it passes) one thing the BE needs to insist upon is that ND give the BE football schools preference for scheduling.

Reaction Score
ND has already decided based on their actions. No help for BE football. Basketball teams will not push out ND as they are one of the biggest names among the basketball onlys.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ND doesn't want change and would.presumably hold a huge grudge against whomever stepped on her train. It would have to come from the other FB schools as Uconn and RU would likely abstain. The nose count on this doesn't work. SWARBRIIIIIICKKKKK!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Kelly was on ESPN today saying ND wants to remain an independent and therefore be a National program. Mt concern with the whole conference expansion issue is what if the conferences decide that 14 is enough. Who says it's going to go to 16? The Pac 10 may be done at 12. That is a major problem for schools without a chair when the music stops.

Reaction Score
If ND gets pushed out of BE who's to say the don't tell ACC that they'll join but we don't want UConn or any other BE team in the ACC. ACC could add ND and take Temple and all ACC parties would be fine with it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe that there is a better chance at finding life on Mars than ND joining in football but if they did, the next move should be to give Cuse and Pitt a very small window of opportunity to reneg on their ACC deal (with the understanding that departure fees would be tripled for any BE football school that accepted an ACC offer to replace either Pitt or Cuse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom