It's Tiffany's Time | The Boneyard

It's Tiffany's Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Lets all hope for an AA year from Miss Hayes!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Hayes diligently worked on her game during the off-season. She added a pull-up jumper, which will allow her to be more under control off the dribble."

" I feel like I'm kind of a different person on the court now because I don't fall as much," Hayes said. "I go in control now. Added a pull-up. I want to be here for my team."

........HALLELUJAH !!!!

clouds-parting-m.ashx

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you excited at all about Tiff's pull up jumper, there VA?! i wasn't sure... :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
you excited at all about Tiff's pull up jumper, there VA?! i wasn't sure... :)

Many of us have long prayed for this moment .... it will help her remain upright in spirit AND in body !! :cool:

Getting by her defender has never been a problem, and I have always admired her fearlessness in taking it to the rim. No one gives more of herself than Tiff. But once by the defender, she has only rarely chosen to pull up--it never seemed to be a part of her game. That's fine if there is an open path and of course you can get +1 opportunities if the layup falls and you get fouled. But against good defenses, everyone needs multiple options and the recognition of when to employ them. Adding a consistent pull-up game--either to shoot or pass--will make Tiff FAR more deadly. Sounds like it already has...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Tiff can avoid the charge calls, she can stay in the game, be in the offensive flow consistenlty, and play aggressively.

I'm cheeering for a big season for Tiffany!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Here's hoping that Tiff is able to handle the pressure of being the Senior Leader on a very young team. Also when her shots aren't falling, she recognizes there are other ways to help the team win games. She doesn't and won't have to do it all.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Many of us have long prayed for this moment .... it will help her remain upright in spirit AND in body !! :cool:

Getting by her defender has never been a problem, and I have always admired her fearlessness in taking it to the rim. No one gives more of herself than Tiff. But once by the defender, she has only rarely chosen to pull up--it never seemed to be a part of her game. That's fine if there is an open path and of course you can get +1 opportunities if the layup falls and you get fouled. But against good defenses, everyone needs multiple options and the recognition of when to employ them. Adding a consistent pull-up game--either to shoot or pass--will make Tiff FAR more deadly. Sounds like it already has...
Right. I think adding an effective pull up is more important than anything else Tiff can do. Just because it creates another option or two off her drive. Instead of defenders just having to worry about staying with her to try to force a missed layup or a charge, they will now have to worry about that pull up or a pass off the pullup to Stef or someone else in the post. It's gonna be fun watching defenders get frustrated!

Reaction Score
There is no question in my mind that Tiff's play, for better or for worse, is the key to this season's prospects. Hate to see so much pressure on her, but it is what it is. We pretty much know what we can expect from the other starters, but with CD's ongoing fragility, Tiff's play is going to be the one determining element that will make or break the season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is no question in my mind that Tiff's play, for better or for worse, is the key to this season's prospects. Hate to see so much pressure on her, but it is what it is. We pretty much know what we can expect from the other starters, but with CD's ongoing fragility, Tiff's play is going to be the one determining element that will make or break the season.
Tiff can be a top 5 player this year. If she is--or is close--we should have a great season. If she plays like last year--great at times, good at times, not so good at times--others will have to pick up the slack in Maya's absence. Can we be great if Tiff is inconsistent? Yes, but there is far less of a margin for error.

I really like Tiff and want to see her take the step to being a consistently great player and great leader.

Reaction Score
i'd like to see tiff focus ,from day 1, on everything else but scoring . this team should have enough scoring, with kelly,stef,bria, kaleena, and maybe even banks. if she feels less pressure to score ,and focuses on rebounding , defense, and making some passes, the scoring may come to her. when she feels the pressure to make something happen offensively is when she makes those awful out-of-control drives. she has never seemed to have a great understanding of game flow, so best to concentrate on the hustle stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom