It's the turnovers. | The Boneyard

It's the turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMHO, the most important factor in the two consecutive loses have been TO's. We had 20 against Rutgers. Lots of them unforced. We could have won shooting 38%, but not shooting 38% with 20 TOs.

Yes, the 3-point defense has sucked. But if had less than 10 TOs that wouldn't have mattered either. That's the number that I will be watching tonight.

Reaction Score
I think the TOs are tied to our lack of D in the last few games.

We win when we play very good D- that leads to easier baskets and less dribbling around the perimeter in our half court set where many of our turnovers tend to happen.

We are never going to be one of the top teams on O this year- we are just too young and their are teams like UNC and Quse with a broad range of experienced players. Our chance to compete on a high level-IMHO- stems from the fact we could be very good defenders ala last year.

That said it is hard to stay in any game when you turn the ball over 20 times.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Dribble penetration without a place to go resulted in half of those.

imho, I think we aren't playing as a team, we're too busy showcasing talent. Major difference between last year and this year.

Reaction Score
Half of the turnovers aren't even forced by the defense, it is just our guys inexplicably losing the ball doing something stupid. Saying they need to cut down on the turnovers would be an understatement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom