"It's So Surreal" Ms Buckets | The Boneyard

"It's So Surreal" Ms Buckets

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"They have two people here [Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi] that are four-time Olympians, working on being five, and that’s something that I want to do is represent my country and win championships at every level and just succeed in the game as much as I can,” Bueckers said. “Just to see the history which this program has always produced, it’s amazing and it’s something I want to be a part of.”

“The improvement in her from Day One to today is so noticeable,” Auriemma said. “I asked her, ‘So what do you think?’ and she said, ‘Yeah, it’s crazy, right?’ I said, ‘Yeah, now fast forward [through] four years of this, where you’re going to improve like this every workout.’”

“It’s probably like the owner of Secretariat, and all of a sudden somebody shows him this great thoroughbred and goes, ‘So what do you think?,’ ‘he said. “Well, I coached the best one ever. We’ll see.’ I’m not one to jump up and down and go ‘Paige is the greatest thing ever.‘
“How good is she? Let me put it this way: I’m glad we have her. And there’s some things she does that other players wish they could do.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno on Paige: "I’m glad we have her. And there’s some things she does that other players wish they could do.” That's all I need to hear.........his seal of approval. ;)

Reaction Score
One of Geno's quotes was "They're going to kill you. They're going to eat you up. You'll have no chance." Paige needs a taste of that and the sooner the better. Christyn and Aubrey are in her pod, and they can both give her a good idea of how her game measures up against good D1 competition.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One of Geno's quotes was "They're going to kill you. They're going to eat you up. You'll have no chance." Paige needs a taste of that and the sooner the better. Christyn and Aubrey are in her pod, and they can both give her a good idea of how her game measures up against good D1 competition.

Geno probably has already given Christyn specific marching orders on how to motivate Paige about strength training

"Paige, I have seen stronger chairs"

Reaction Score

True but I also think that Bueckers is going to show those two that their one on one defense needs work.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Agreed. The sooner they get “baptized”, the better. Someone once said...........“there’s no substitute for experience.“ There are lots of players in D1 that would welcome the opportunity to take them to school. Oh btw, I like the new moniker of “Buckets” for Paige. I hope it sticks.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Agreed. The sooner they get “baptized”, the better. Someone once said...........“there’s no substitute for experience.“ There are lots of players in D1 that would welcome the opportunity to take them to school. :cool:

On the flip side of that, there are a lot of WNBAers being schooled by Crystal Dangerfield. I expect a lot of D1ers will have their ankles broken by a rookie.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
On the flip side of that, there are a lot of WNBAers being schooled by Crystal Dangerfield. I expect a lot of D1ers will have their ankles broken by a rookie.

I think the expression Carolyn Peck is now using when Crystal does one of her pull back dribble change of pace drives to the basket that freezes her defender is " rocking the cradle" because she just put you to sleep. :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think the expression Carolyn Peck is now using when Crystal does one of her pull back dribble change of pace drives to the basket that freezes her defender is " rocking the cradle" because she just put you to sleep. :cool:
She called it "Walk the duck" the other day. I like to say she gave her the "okey doke".

Carnac

Reaction Score

Crystal has started the last 10 games. I would suggest she’s beyond the “awe” factor at this point in the season, playing against players she may have idolized, or watched on TV the past 5-7 years. Now it’s about getting wins!!! Period!

Everyone in the league knows she can play at this level, and hang a “20-burger” on a team any given night. Crystal plays with a no fear attitude. Why shouldn’t she? She’s already found out that she can do things consistently that help her team win...........oh, and Cheryl Reeve loves her. :)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope she gets to play in the sand like Phee. The Bubble has a beach.

Pheesa steering the boat and the other rook

1598121527391.png

Carnac

Reaction Score
I hope she gets to play in the sand like Phee. The Bubble has a beach.

A well deserved day off after a hard fought 10 point win over Phoenix last night. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom