It's So Much Nicer not to Have RU in the Expansion Talks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's So Much Nicer not to Have RU in the Expansion Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not hearing RU's name flaunted actually gives me more pause then when you heard it all the time. I'm willing to wager that RU (and probably every member of the BE FB schools) are having "feeler" conversations with potential destination conference leaders. Just a hunch.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's basically one thing UConn needs to be in a position to expand the Rent. Unfortunately it's completely out of our control - the economy has to rebound in a major way both nationally and locally. It'll take several years in a growing economy before more people will feel comfortable splurging on entertainment/sports, or for politicians to feel comfortable on a sports development project.

Reaction Score
There's basically one thing UConn needs to be in a position to expand the Rent. Unfortunately it's completely out of our control - the economy has to rebound in a major way both nationally and locally. It'll take several years in a growing economy before more people will feel comfortable splurging on entertainment/sports, or for politicians to feel comfortable on a sports development project.

The way conference realignment is going we might not have that luxury. We can't wait forever for the economy to rebound. UCONN has to make itself look as attractive as possible for other BCS conferences if the BE blows up. I believe big time football is possible in state of CT if UCONN can spend some time to market and grow the sport.

With a stadium of 55K, UCONN can average 48K and still be very respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom