Its Possible | The Boneyard

Its Possible

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IM POSSIBLE Well today its all about starting over/pickin up where we left off a few weeks ago. A new beginning as we slowly begin to bring back the injured and sick and work them into our lineup. It wont be easy but it will be worth it. Hey thats something we wouldve never anticipated earlier in the season, bringing back our starters and working them back into the lineup. But thats what it is today. We dont know what we dont know. We dont know when each player will come back, we dont know how long it will take them to get up to speed, we dont know how good they will be compared to what they were and we dont know who will come back and who wont. We do know one thing though We know that we dont know. Some think they know and they really dont know that they dont know.

Its gonna get better each and every game. Gotta expect us to be a bit rusty because of the long layoff. Got to expect the unexpected too. We still have a lot of question marks and we know what they are because we've read about them in the many threads posted to the BY. Accept where we are. What has happened to this team this season is almost devastating. Dont rain on team. Encourage them. Its almost like the team was spiraling down when Paige went down then Nika and Azzi. Just when everything seemed to hit rock bottom and we were looking forward to the start of 2022 we get hit with a few Covid cases . What else could go wrong? The team needs to be up lifted not brought down further.

This team has changed and is trying to react and adjust to the changes. It may take some time. Everybody is different when it comes to making changes in your game. It takes time to learn and adjust to change. Change is a funny thing. When a coach shows you a better way or the correct way to do something youve been doing wrong for so many years, the first of all you have to do is accept it and then you need to practice it until it becomes reflexive. Dong that is being called coachable. How long does that take???? As long as it takes for you to get it. I can tell you this. It will take you longer then you think and thats where you must trust what your coach teaches you and you must make a total commitment to that change until you get. When it becomes reflexive to the point where you dont have to worry about thinking about it continue to keep practicing it so you wont revert back to where you were before it. When you finally get it, it just happens and you dont have to think about it.

Let me give you an example. Most of you know I have a love affair with golf. Ive worked with and for many former touring pros. So one afternoon Im hitting balls on the range and the pro comes down to tweak my swing. It was 94 degrees. We worked on it for a while and he left and I continued to hit balls. I hit over 300 balls. I was soakin wet with sweat. When I was finished and completely exhausted I walked back to the pro shop to get some water and sit down and relax. One of the hot shot asst pros said to me. Are you crazy. Its 94 degrees and youve been down there for over 2 hours. I looked him in the eye and replied. Do you know what the difference is between me and you? The difference is I hit as many balls as it takes so that when I get on the course I dont have to think about the execution of it. While you hit 15 to 20 balls and think youve got it and when you get on the course your trying to execute the shot where as I just do it. You think about it and try to execute it and I will just trust it. He looked me in the eye and the head pro and first asst looked at me and smiled.

You see I didnt ask how many balls I would have to hit to make it happen. I was just dumb enough to keep doin it until I got it and once I got it I kept hitting balls to cement it into my brain. Most people will not do what it takes. Most people will quit. Most people wont accept change. Most people will revert back to their comfort zone. Most people think they have the answer. Those people in most cases will never get better.

So at 1pm today we get to see where our UConn girls are as a team. We know we will get better and we know when everybody is healthy and up to speed we will be really really good. Until then be patient, be encouraging and be the best UConn Womens BB fan you can be.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s always good to get a healthy dose of Tonyc optimism right before a UConn game. :)

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
. …. One of the hot shot asst pros said to me. Are you crazy. Its 94 degrees and youve been down there for over 2 hours. I looked him in the eye and replied. Do you know what the difference is between me and you? ….

@Tonyc - you need to get over yourself.

Reaction Score
Great optimism until the game starts and the chat room gets going… :cool:
Right. Typical “need” chat room post.
UConn has a turnover
Response: “we need to stop turning over the ball”
No snow Sherlock!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics