It's open season on Penn St recruits | The Boneyard

It's open season on Penn St recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are several reports that the ship is listing and it's ready to sink a lot like what happend to Pitt last year when Wanny was fired and they ended up losing a stellar class.

Some recruits visiting Pitt and Rutgers, don't know if Uconn is in the picture, but MA recruits Reeves and Williams are definitely looking. Haven't heard anything on Golden, but my guess is that most of the class will bail.

Reaction Score
Goldens recruitment is over and he's happy to be going to Penn State.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Golden has a better chance of playing for Penn than Penn State.

Reaction Score
Golden is from my town and everything I;ve heard points to him staying with Penn St. Who knows tho.

Reaction Score
If you guys don't believe me ask him yourself. I actually know the kid and he said he chose the school for the school itself not the football coaches. Also I remember people saying the same thing about Amos last yr that he wouldn't be able to play there and he has played a decent amount as a true frosh..

Reaction Score
If you guys don't believe me ask him yourself. I actually know the kid and he said he chose the school for the school itself not the football coaches. Also I remember people saying the same thing about Amos last yr that he wouldn't be able to play there and he has played a decent amount as a true frosh..
I believe you but it is not a question about playing time. It is about the perception of the program and being associated with all that it is and it is really bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe you but it is not a question about playing time. It is about the perception of the program and being associated with all that it is and it is really bad.

As a parent, I would want any kid of mine to terminate any association with that criminal organization. Penn State let a monster prey on children so they could win some football games. I hope that athletic program is shut down and every single member of it is sent to jail.

Reaction Score
I was just replying to the person who said he has a better chance of playing at Penn then Penn State. Also he chose it because of the academics first, atmosphere second and then athletics 3rd. Which is respectable because he chose the school for the school unlike most of the recruits who do it for the athletics first.

Reaction Score
He can have the same at UConn...and travel to nice cities.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"He can have the same at UConn...and travel to nice cities."

Now that's funny, in a sad way.

Reaction Score
Last season we spent Jan in fear that other schools would poach our recruits; we do remember that, right? 11 months later we're talking about taking advantage of somebody else's issues. Nice.

Reaction Score
Last season we spent Jan in fear that other schools would poach our recruits; we do remember that, right? 11 months later we're talking about taking advantage of somebody else's issues. Nice.

"Issues?" Sorry but I'm not in a sympathetic mood when it comes to sexual abuse and coverup for the sake of the athletic department and more specifically the football program. Also a school that's been cherrypicking CT kids for years. I say go get as many as possible and stop with the trailer mentality. This is big-boy football not choir practice.

Reaction Score

Yeah, what next? One BCS conference poaching another's schools. Dog eat Dog baby. Grab the entire Penn State class if we can. Let theirs compete with UConn's for the 25 available scholarships. Let's get good.

Reaction Score
Let's take this a step further. . . it should be open season on Penn State's membership in the B1G. UConn takes the Nittany's place at the table as reparations for a program that grew too big for it's own good. They placed football above the well being of young boys. UConn would not . . . I would hope.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Let's take this a step further. . . it should be open season on Penn State's membership in the B1G. UConn takes the Nittany's place at the table as reparations for a program that grew too big for it's own good. They placed football above the well being of young boys. UConn would not . . . I would hope.
The B1G would be adding the best student section in the country. Sounds like a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
The front page story on USA Today about PSU de-emphasizing football ought to get recruits attention.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I want to live in your reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul