It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach | Page 13 | The Boneyard

It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach

Reaction Score
Here's the latest law school list from US News etc., from one through Notre Dame.

Yale University
New Haven, CT

Stanford University
Stanford, CA

Harvard University
Cambridge, MA

Columbia University
New York, NY
#4 (tie)

University of Chicago
Chicago, IL
#4 (tie)

New York University
New York, NY
#6 (tie)

University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA
#6 (tie)

University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA

University of California--Berkeley
Berkeley, CA

Duke University
Durham, NC
#10 (tie)

University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI
#10 (tie)

Northwestern University
Chicago, IL

Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

University of California--Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA

Georgetown University
Washington, DC

University of Texas--Austin
Austin, TX
#16 (tie)

Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN
#16 (tie)

Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO
#16 (tie)

University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA

Boston University
Boston, MA

University of Florida
Gainesville, FL

University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN
#22 (tie)

University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN
#22 (tie)
Interesting... no Princeton?

Reaction Score
Although I realize that the schools have very little integrity in these matters, I have to believe that Shea Ralph has more integrity than to interview for a job that isn't vacant yet let alone that her current team hadn't ended it's season yet. White wasn't even fired until April 6.
It would be interesting to understand if Shea has an agent. If she negotiates her own contracts, doubt she was actively going after a filled position, particularly employed by UConn. If she has an agent or some form of representation, some could argue its that person's role to be aware of all opportunities, current or future.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Princeton doesn't have a law school. Lawyers are just not Princeton material. :rolleyes:

I did however use Albert Einstein's file cabinet - somehow it ended up in the library theater collection offices. Had a big combination lock and heavy steal construction - never checked if it glowed in the dark.

Reaction Score
Princeton doesn't have a law school. Lawyers are just not Princeton material. :rolleyes:

I did however use Albert Einstein's file cabinet - somehow it ended up in the library theater collection offices. Had a big combination lock and heavy steal construction - never checked if it glowed in the dark.
Sorry. I missed the “law” part.

W

wolfe613

I am not a fan of husbands working for wives and vice versa. How do you keep even a perception of fairness with the other assistants? And why would anyone take that second assistant spot knowing they might not get the best assignments and opportunities for career growth? I once had a manager who hired his best friend for our small team. It was all downhill and I got out as quickly as I could.
you mean like Adia Barnes and her husband at Arizona? that seem to work out well

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
They have no law school. It's a running joke on TV. A lawyer on some fictional show will claim to have a degree from Princeton Law.

Reaction Score
If by the best, you mean the worst; I agree with you. The Opry may have had it's day but that day is not today. I can't believe anyone would go for a second time.
Actually, I have to agree. Country music today isn't what it used to be.

Reaction Score

No med school either...

Reaction Score
I'm VERY SAD to see Shea leave UCONN (for now). However, it is absolutely the right move before she ultimately returns to UCONN in 10 years as the successor to the Great Geno Auriemma.
Shea can only benefit from the experience and it will make her an even better and more well prepared Coach before she and Tom come back to UCONN to lead us into the next Generation of Amazing Success!

Side note: You can put this down in ink, when Shea make the NCAA tourney, the committee will find a way for Vandy to play UCONN.
Geno is 67 years old. You think he has 10 years left?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Shea. Vanderbilt is a great school and and Nashville is a great city. It has the tools to be a great spot for her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno is 67 years old. You think he has 10 years left?
Well I wouldn't be throwing dirt on him just yet.

Reaction Score
Barnes was able to get McDonald to follow her to Arizona. Will Paige follow Shea?

Tired Good Night GIF

Congrats to Shea and wishing her good luck down the road. Hope nothing but success putting together a staff and getting some recruits / transfers to assemble a quality team asap.

Reaction Score
Shea isn't the first person to leave UConn for Vandy. Anyone remember Liz Sherwood? She went to Vandy in 2004 after her freshman year at UConn and had a fine run there. A big player, slow to cover the court, but a great passer and the softest hands on lay-ups and short jumpers.

Reaction Score
So if the job is offered to Shea and she decides to take it who do we fill her spot with. I know this may be premature but still fun to talk about.
i'm still curious as to what happened to Jasmine..

Reaction Score
The only thing they could force is her decision take the job or not. Except for the decision there is no way they were in a position to force anything. And this is for everyone, WCBB teams are not in it to win the Miss Congeniality award, to them it is combat, on the court, in recruiting, in the coaching dept. To think this deal wasn't being discussed during the tourney is probably naïve. That's the way these things work, doesn't make Shea a turncoat to want a shot at her own program, just makes her human.
My comments were aimed at the idea that Shea left San Antonio, not for Covid reasons, but because she was interviewing for the Vandy job.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to understand if Shea has an agent. If she negotiates her own contracts, doubt she was actively going after a filled position, particularly employed by UConn.
I'm sure there was an intermediary. Perhaps she was sleeping with him?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yeah, it pains me a bit to say it, but nice digs.
Yeah, it's impressive what all that dirty football money will buy :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Looks like Shea will hire Kevin DeMille, former Asst Coach to Jen at GW.

Kevin started as a practice player at UConn, then a student manager, a grad asst and eventually an Asst Director of Operations.

Kevin was brought on to help with USA Basketball when Geno was head coach of the SNT. He was video coordinator. I remember seeing him in Istanbul at the 2014 World Cup.

Kevin is very close with many former UConn players.

Reaction Score
I think this is a good move for Shea and Vandy. She has been groomed by the best as a player and assistant. That doesn't guarantee anyone success but I think she deserves a shot. Vandy had to move on from White and this is a good direction to go in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom