It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Official: Shea Ralph Named Vanderbilt Coach

Reaction Score
Isn’t Shea‘s husband the coach at UMass Lowell. That’s how we got that game last minute was it not. That means she would be separating her family to start a new job with a bare cabinet. I doubt money is the driving force behind taking a new job she gets paid pretty well in Connecticut and her husband is a D1 head coach. Connecticut is a nice place to raise a family as well. I’m glad I don’t have to make that call.

Reaction Score
With a focus on ex- players being hired to coach in the WNBA, I wonder if any UCONN alum would be interested in being tutored by Geno & Chris. That would be a nice addition to their resume before seeking a professional coaching gig.

Reaction Score
Isn’t Shea‘s husband the coach at UMass Lowell. That’s how we got that game last minute was it not. That means she would be separating her family to start a new job with a bare cabinet. I doubt money is the driving force behind taking a new job she gets paid pretty well in Connecticut and her husband is a D1 head coach. Connecticut is a nice place to raise a family as well. I’m glad I don’t have to make that call.
I assume he would become her assistant.

Reaction Score
What about Caroline Doty. Oh wait never mind that could’ve been good. Will Marissa give her up?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Because UConn assistant is way way higher on the prestige (and pay) scale than UMass Lowell head coach, let alone assistant.
Yes. Way way.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how this Twitter thing works but if "Multiple sources" are reporting this does it mean that this is not news to our coaching staff and they are just keeping it quiet? Or can people tweet stuff like because they heard a rumor?

BTW I do have a Twitter account but haven't really ever used it...

Reaction Score
They have made their family work being hours away. Tennessee is a trip. It would be great for them if both went together. Good for Shea.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how this Twitter thing works but if "Multiple sources" are reporting this does it mean that this is not news to our coaching staff and they are just keeping it quiet? Or can people tweet stuff like because they heard a rumor?

BTW I do have a Twitter account but haven't really ever used it...
Anyone can post anything. I could go Tweet right now that Rick Pitino will be the next Vandy head coach.

Like anything else "consider the source." If the tweet is from a legit WCBB reporter, then it gets more weight.

Reaction Score
Do we have all the information as to why kids left. To look at Syracuse you would wonder the same thing until you dug a little deeper. Look around the country and how many kids transferred out of all the other teams. Are all those coaches bad.
What's wrong then? If it's not the coaches, what is it? It's a mess!
To me, college recruiting is similar to grabbing a handful of spaghetti, throwing it against the wall, and seeing if any of it sticks.
What about all of the characteristics of a college and the team and the young people choosing the right institution for themselves.
Facilities- sports and academic, college strong in your major/interests, coach, style of play, location/weather, teammates, potential playing time, etc. Kids are transferring all over the place. Anyone who has ever transferred schools knows it's a messy process. NOT ideal!! Is this what the NCAA wants? Better question, is this what is best for the student athletes? Maybe it is. Will a kid transfer on a whim rather than stick out a tough situation that will pay off in the long run? Ugh

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Alas, we have yet to identify a Boneyard Coach Jumper.
Because UConn assistant is way way higher on the prestige (and pay) scale than UMass Lowell head coach, let alone assistant.
...and the fact she made more money as an Assistant than he made as a head coach

Reaction Score
If this news is true, which coach will have better odds of making the NCAA tournament first: Shea at Vanderbilt, or Marisa at Wisconsin? Two programs that are similar in terms of conference standings and there's a lot of room to move up but not much room to go further down the standings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is that a bad thing? If (and that's a big IF) indeed White treated players poorly, then having it made public is better than it remaining private.
The use of the phrase "human piece of trash" doesn't seem conducive to any productive outcome, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone can post anything. I could go Tweet right now that Rick Pitino will be the next Vandy head coach.
Oh please do over on a Vandy board. The resulting discussion would be entertaining.

Reaction Score
I truly feel like social media is a big part of the downfall of society. Why does everyone have to air their dirty laundry and grievances in public? I don’t know who this Culver woman is but if she knows White personally how about having a conversation with her. Her Twitter comment is performative, attention seeking and could potentially damage White’s job prospects going forward.
Of course. That's what most of social media is.

Reaction Score
The use of the phrase "human piece of trash" doesn't seem conducive to any productive outcome, but maybe that just me.
I was responding to the phrase “this could hurt Whites future job prospects.” Not too concerned about that.

the parent’s language is not what I would’ve used. Though if my kid has been treated badly I might’ve gone with a more succint if elusive “good riddance” or a happy emoji.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom