It's official: Machelle Joseph out at GT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's official: Machelle Joseph out at GT

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I went back and watched a couple of Georgia Tech games including the their last game of the season against North Carolina. IMO Dixon is not ready for prime time and it would take a major leap for her to get there. Her conditioning was abysmal especially for this late in the season-UNC game. Two times up and down the court and she had to put her hands on her knees to catch her breath. The most annoying part is that she is a drifter-meaning she moves just enough out of position in the post to be savagely ineffective. Just 1 or two steps but it always results in her being out of position. You know how they say some kids have a nose for the ball-that's not Dixon. Dixon was far too content to let someone else get the rebound even when she was the tallest player on the court. Way too often that someone else was on the other team. Offensively she has a good skill set (face up game) and she can finish with either hand. She missed enough uncontested bunnies to build a condo and seemed to always be in a rush. The UNC game was the one where Bailey was suspended so Dixon should not have had much resistance inside. Dixon mostly stopped herself though. A replay of the game is available on watch ESPN would love to get some more opinions on Dixon. @triaddukefan, were you at that UNC vs. GT game?

I dunno if she wore down as the season went on.... but vs Duke early in the season... she played 39 minutes, had 22 pts on 9-11 shooting.. 17 rebounds 4 assists, and 4 blocks. She looked like a beast in that game... perhaps that was more an indictment on Duke's interior defense. Didnt watch that much Tech games later in the season.... and no... i skipped their game in the ACC Tournament.

Reaction Score
Joseph's Twitter is named "Machelle Joseph * John 16:33"

John 16:33 =
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Reaction Score
MaChelle Joseph files lawsuit against Georgia Tech alleging sex discrimination

The complaint sought to portray Joseph as a coach who was successful on the court but was ostracized for continually bringing complaints and concerns about discrimination against herself and her team on the basis of sex.

"Successful on the court" = debateable
Tho I'm sure she did complain about the facilities and they probably did get fed up with her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
MaChelle Joseph files lawsuit against Georgia Tech alleging sex discrimination

The complaint sought to portray Joseph as a coach who was successful on the court but was ostracized for continually bringing complaints and concerns about discrimination against herself and her team on the basis of sex.

"Successful on the court" = debateable
Tho I'm sure she did complain about the facilities and they probably did get fed up with her.

She was successful at Tech.... success is relative of course.

Reaction Score
Horrible. I wonder if this coach can be prosecuted for assault. There must be something in addition to getting fired to achieve justice for these women who've been physically and emotionally assaulted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom