It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY

Reaction Score
I will be surprised If Nowell is only getting around 15 mpg next season.
Hass is averaging 19 mpg as is. you dont think he'd play 4-5 more as a starter?

Nowell can also get some minutes playing off guard but everyone always wants the incoming freshmen to be better than the returning players and it seldom works out like that.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Adama did last year and he seemingly had no issues
It makes the early start on Thursday a good thing, but that game on Friday at 5:30 is a toughie. Let's hope for early games/late games throughout the tourney. It's those games between 3:00 and 7:00 that are hardest. Taht said its our bench and they both play less than 20 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
IMG_2722.jpeg

Reaction Score
Seems like kids generally figure it out by later in high school. I coached a ton of Muslim kids in AAU and we'd play 3 games a day, and they'd have no problems.

I would imagine our guys are pounding liquid IV after sundown and having a midnight meal
Lack of food is nothing…it’s the lack of water that’s concerning

Reaction Score
Hurley to transfers- Look at what Tristen Newton, Cam Spencer, and Hassan Diarra have done.
you think we can get 3 starters in the portal? we def need a starting center and wing as is. i feel better about Hass starting than Samson and Stewart. Plus if we bring in a starting PG that moves Nowell to 3rd string PG.

Penciling Ball and AK in at SG and PF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats, Hassan on a great season for the best team in the country.

It's really well earned and well deserved. To me it was between him and RJ Luis of St. John's and I wouldn't have a problem with either choice.

Congrats, Hass :)

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Awesome! Happy for him, great player and great kid.

Reaction Score
Hurley to transfers- Look at what Tristen Newton, Cam Spencer, and Hassan Diarra have done.
Hurley and staff need to put this in their recruiting sales pitch book or PowerPoint. Also, includes Joey California and Naheim Alleyne to say, "they arrived here and left with rings". Lastly, but not least, include Tyrese Martin and RJ Cole, too.

Reaction Score
Well deserved. Hassan works hard every second he is out there, on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
Would have been disappointed if Hass didn't get either the Sixth Man or Most Improved award this year. BE got it right. Hard work paying off. Let's do your thing at MSG this week-Hass. Wreak some havoc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hass is a difference maker every time he goes into the game. He ambushes sleeping ballhandlers, and exploits opposing defenses who leave an open path to the basket. I have to go back to John Gwynn to find a spark plug like Hass. Congratulations to him on a well-deserved award.

Reaction Score
Definitely did not expect this preseason. Big props to him for improving.
Why not ?
I posted back then that other than Newton’s return Diarra’s was the most important returning knowing he would not start . Because he essentially was the only guy with any experience other than the starters in a green second unit. He had to come up large , His developing a shot was a pleasant surprise to me.
I saw him largely facilitating for Sampson , Ball , and Stewart and picking spots to finish . He filled a huge hole I shudder to think where we would be without his return but i thought everyone knew that on day one .,.,

Reaction Score
Why not ?
I posted back then that other than Newton’s return Diarra’s was the most important returning knowing he would not start . Because he essentially was the only guy with any experience other than the starters in a green second unit. He had to come up large , His developing a shot was a pleasant surprise to me.
I saw him largely facilitating for Sampson , Ball , and Stewart and picking spots to finish . He filled a huge hole I shudder to think where we would be without his return but i thought everyone knew that on day one .,.,
Because he couldn't score from any level (28% career 3pt, 65% career FT%, 45% at the rim) and had a 29% turnover rate last season.

Guys don't generally improve significantly in every area in 1 offseason (38% from 3, 78% FT, 59% rim, 19% TO rate) when playing the same role, especially when they didn't improve at all really the previous 2 offseasons.

Reaction Score
He could have easily left for more playing time but accepted his role and goes above and beyond.

The guy is the epitome of a blue collar bring your lunchbox to work kind of guy.

Tough as nails, can make his own and has made some big time shots when we needed them.

His value goes way beyond the stat sheet. Very happy that he was recognized by the conference.

Reaction Score
I was really worried about the impact of fasting on Sanogo and others last year during the tournament, but he played exceptional.

For those inclined to learn a little bit more - there are actually exceptions to fasting in Islam, and traveling is one of those exceptions - so potentially if Hass and Johnson wanted to take advantage of this exception, the should be able to. Linking a couple of sites below that speak to this exception.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was hoping Alex would get Scholar-Athlete at the least. Has that been announced yet?
Paige Bueckers got it on the woman's side with a 3.9 semester average.

Reaction Score
Wow, congrats HD!! Well deserved. You have improved tremendously. Your hard work and dedication has paid off.

Reaction Score
Why not ?

He was out of the rotation by March. This was not expected by most people, including our staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom