It's Not That Easy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Not That Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most of our expectations for this year were based on D ham becoming an absolute star, and that has not happened. Gibbs the last 5 or 6 games has been playing like the Gibbs we thought Wed get. Purvis is playing pretty much how we thought hed play. Miller has also pretty much loved up to the hype. If d ham turned into the offensive star we thought he would then our record would be more like 17-3 and safely in the field. "Star" D ham is the missing link
You are right, just a bit better shooting from DHam and these close losses probably get turned around. Everyone else is as advertised. Jalen's shooting has been bad I think he will turn it around and I'd like to see more time for him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Most of our expectations for this year were based on D ham becoming an absolute star, and that has not happened. Gibbs the last 5 or 6 games has been playing like the Gibbs we thought Wed get. Purvis is playing pretty much how we thought hed play. Miller has also pretty much loved up to the hype. If d ham turned into the offensive star we thought he would then our record would be more like 17-3 and safely in the field. "Star" D ham is the missing link

I think that KO and staff decided that dham had to be the one to become the "STAR," and not too many of us would have disagreed that he was the most likely. To get there, I think that KO probably told him to start shooting the ball more and that's when he changed his game so drastically. I do not believe that he just woke up one day and decided to change the way he was playing in such a dramatic fashion. Again, most of us would have agreed because at that time, he was getting assists but few points. I think of it as an experiment that was not successful, but who else would have been a better candidate? Well, I think that the time has come to really put the ball in Jalen's hands as the PG and move dham and SG back to their natural positions. I don't know how much it would help Jalen's game to get the keys, but if for no other reason, we need him better for next year. The hope would be that he would rise up and have enough of the "magic" of his predecessors to make things happen on offense. Daniel needs to be moved back to the 3/4 and no more isolations up top. Going with Jalen is risky and he may not be as close to ready as I am assuming. On the other hand, it sucks to have no one who can break down the defense and get into the lane. Try another experiment.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Are we not playing up to our potential, giving effort, or do our players have flaws in their own games that hurt us again and again? I say it's the latter. Our point guard is a great spot up 3 shooter but is not really a point guard. Our small forward is a playmaker and rebounder but lousy shooter, poor handle. Our 2 guard can hit a 3 but can't convert a drive, doesn't spot up. Our centers are offensive mannequins. We have a very good power forward. Our backup point/2 is a freshman and so far doesn't shoot that well. Not much on the bench to help either. We have enough talent to win games but the players' individual shortcomings are not going to be going away permanently. I honestly wish none of this were true because starting the season I thought that players improvement and growth would have helped some of this by now.
good point, although the team has a lot of individual talent, the individual players deficiencies are negatively synergistic which results in for offensive execution. Coach has repeatedly yelled at them to move the ball more quickly on offense in to make sharper cuts and set harder screens. However, the players continue to not do this. He doesn't have better players on the bench to bring in and execute those plays. that being said, if Rodney and Daniel make 30% of their shots instead of 22% we end up winning the games that have been close losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom